Darrrens mk2 8v gti project

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by darrren, Feb 3, 2011.

1. darrren Forum Member

Well taken me a little while to get the photos up but here they are,i thought id start one from scratch because with my daily driver i did all the work and didnt post updates as i progressed so the car was done when i made a thread which made things a little lesss exciting. Well heres the car, its a 1991 5 door tornado red mk2 gti 8v. I got it for 625,knocked down from 700. Few bits ive picked up that are wrong so far, the heaters are cold so im guessing the matrix,the locks had keys snapped so replaced the locks all round and the hazard switch doesnt work so im ordering a new one hoping its the switch as the indicators work fine. From what ive seen so far its fairly clean,he bought it to break but said it was too clean and if it was a 3 door he would of kept it himself. The engine runs sweet as a nut though,shame ill be pulling it apart and putting my 2l bottom end in it which i picked up last weekend. My plans are as follow. 2L conversion with p&p head and mild cam to release some power. Full engine bay overhaul while the engines out. Rebuild the bottom end with all new big end bearing,piston rings etc. Change the wheels,replace wings,lights with new fresh ones,and strip the car to see if theres any rust inside and replace parts as necessary,then finish with a full spray and itll be my little toy for weekends and summer when im off work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

under the carpets
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the bad bits i spotted
    [​IMG]36.photobucket.com/albums/xx10/kittednova/badbit.jpg[/IMG]

There they are and therell be updates soon as ive already made a start on the AGG lump. Enjoy.