Decisions Decisions

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by Chunx, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Chunx Forum Member

Am thinking of selling my Oak Green 16v and buying my cousins mk3 8v

Mine - 1990 Oak Green 3dr 16v, 159k, alloys, spax 20mm drop, top bodywork, new clutch, clean + all standard kit

His - 1993 red 4dr 8v, 140k fsh standard, new clutch & g-box

both really clean & tidy cars but I just want something a bit more grown up for the motoways I sit on every day!!

He is selling his for 1500 - what do you think I will get for mine?!?!?!?!

Chunx

2. Andy_T4 Forum Member

Closest examples to yours from autotrader.co.uk;

1991 VOLKSWAGEN GOLF GTi 16v Campaign, 1991, H reg. 125000 miles, Oak green, 6mths MoT, all original, 4 new tyres, good stereo.

1990 Volkswagen Golf GTI 16V, 1990, H reg. ltd Oak green, fsh, e/Recaros, new BSA racing alloys, expensive hi-fi, stainless exhaust, factory . . . .

VOLKSWAGEN GOLF GTi 1.8 16V, J reg. 124000 miles, Mot 04, good condition, 5 door, oak . . . . (private)

1988 VW Golf GTi, 1988, rare Oak green campaign model, 3 door, standard original car, new MoT, service history, c/locking, sunroof, fully serviced, . . . . (private)

1988 E Reg Volkswagen Golf 1.8 GTi Faber Financial ServicesPetrol, Manual 5 speed, Green, Hatchback, 3 Doors. 14" light alloy wheels, power steering, sunroof.THIS CAR IS ONE OF A KIND IN OAK GREEN MUST BE SEEN FIRST WILL BUY We are open Monday to Saturday 8am to . . . . (trade)

Hope that helps. At the end of the day, your car's worth what someone's prepared to pay for it!

3. Sexy16v Forum Member

i wouldn't................. can't you keep both?

4. Chunx Forum Member

Cant afford to keep 2 - in financial sh*te and hoping mk3 would work out cheaper in the long run!!!!

:(

5. Andy_T4 Forum Member

Good point, I forgot to mention that I read your post and screamed, "Noooooooooooooooooo......"! [:s] Definitely a downward swap in my opinion!

6. Ajit_mk2_16v Forum Member

keep the mk2

trust me !

7. MK2. Forum Member

You will miss the driving experience of the mk2 big style!

8. Chunx Forum Member

I know what you are saying but I just fancy something a bit newer feeling and bit more (and I hate myself for saying it) comfortable!!!!! :o

Still can't believe I just typed that word!!!!!

9. missvdubluv Forum Member

Id keep the MK2, you'll regret getting rid of it, tho looking at those autotrader prices, Oak greens dont look as tho they are holding their prices anymore :o

10. Chunx Forum Member

Yeh gotta be honest they scared me a bit!!!!

I thought I would get 1500 at least now I'm not so sure! unless they are all dogs!!!

11. Andy_T4 Forum Member

Well, I've got a Mk3 VR (Highline 'spec') on coilovers, and I've just bought a Mk2 for fun because the Mk3 is just so heavy round corners compared to the Mk2.

I can see where you're coming from on the comfortable front, but then I'm 32 & travel 14000 miles a year down motorways just getting to/from work.
    If you're young or don't do that many miles, just keep the Mk2. Otherwise, I'd have a loan and keep both if you can afford to.

12. Dave J Forum Member

If you get rid of the Oak Green, you will probably end up regretting it and want another one! If you did decide to go for it, i Think if you car is in good condition, you should be able to get 1500.