Dellorto DHLA jetting queries...

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by vw_stu, Jun 2, 2007.

1. vw_stu Forum Member

this is aimed at anyone out there running twin dellortos (either 40 or 45) on a 16v. I`m just curious to know what jets various peeps are using. Just changed to a front mounted manifold and having fun trying to rejet mine...[:s]

2. bodders.vw Forum Member

give me a few minutes ill go outside and check

3. vw_stu Forum Member

sweet,

as it turns out i`m fairly certain i`ve found what my main issue is likely to be. seems like i`ve got auxilliary venturis fitted that aren`t exactly ideal, i`m guessing they aren`t creating the ideal air velocity through the carbs, and the fuel atomisation is suffering as a result.

they`re .3 and im guessing i`ll need to track down some .1 venturis.

so if anyone out there knows of someone with a load of old dellorto bits for dhlas then pm me

still curious as to what peeps are running jet-wise though...and with what spec engines too. be interesting to know what sort of jetting diffeneces are required for the likes of different cams etc..

4. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

These people are very helpfull, will help you with some jetting idea's, and give a little discount if you buy a fair bit of stuff.

http://www.dellorto.co.uk/

Whats the engine spec + choke size ?

5. vw_stu Forum Member

er, Eurocarb...hmmm..... i`ve since spoken to a guy who tunes dellorto`s for a living and he`s told me the reasons why my carbs are doing what they`re doing. mainly due to the jet settings that eurocarb suggested....which were completely wrong for my particular DHLAs.

don`t get me wrong, Eurocarb's service is brilliant, but their knowledge of jetting requirements leaves a bit to be desired...

6. mr hillclimber Club GTI Supporter and Sponsor

You'd think they could get it right knowing the variations... [:v:]

Though they've just helped out a lad I know, between us we got his 40's running 100% better than the numpty of a rolling road tuner who put odd (and the wrong) jets in.