Detroit Techno mix

Discussion in 'Music' started by kells, Jul 21, 2008.

1. kells Forum Member

I run the club night Joy up here in leeds,

Here is a Detroit techno mix, with some of the tunes which have been big for me at the Joy partys, the mix touches on some house too,

mixed on 3 Decks

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j1bn0l

2. Admin Guest

going to enjoy this!

3. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

hows you kells? didn't know you were on here?

4. kells Forum Member

Hey matey, how are you doing???, yeah im on here, been looking all over for info on the 20vt conversion, i just havnt made many posts on here yet, i hope to nget involved more tho :)

5. kells Forum Member

6. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

have a listen to this - tell me what you think

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FE8AB8H3

There is a guy on here half way through a 1.8T in a mk3 himself - think i mentioned him to you before.... have downloaded the mix will have a listen when im home

7. kells Forum Member

cool, will check the mix out too, what is it?

and yeah you did mention the guy doing the conversion, i have seen the thread, very interesting read..

8. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

the mix is kind of commercial house/electro.....not me mixing it btw!!!

9. kells Forum Member

yeah i noticed that, its not really what im into personally but good for those that are, as you can probably tell by my set (if you have heard it yet that is) im into the more underground stuff, i have over 4000 records dating back to the late 80's, all the old house classics and detroit / techno stuff too. been collecting and spinning records for years...

i can appreciate all styles tho, who did your mix?

10. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

its my missus, she prefers playing more underground house/progressive etc but most of the clubs in london just want commercial cack!!!! its pretty annoying.

had a listen to your mix, some old skool tunes on there!! i couldn't not think of 80's music video's with shel suits and stuff for some reason!!!

11. kells Forum Member

i played in london the other week, right in east london, was a dodgey area but a decent night, full on techno too :)

but know what you mean, alot of the places in leeds play the commercial sounding stuff...

12. Admin Guest

listening to it now[:D]

loving it!!!!

13. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

she is playing in a brilliant little club in Brixton called Babalou on 6th September, the place has a really good vibe to it! got way to smashed last time we went there ordering some mix of baileys/jeagermister shots?? [xx(]

she is trying to get away from the commercial stuff even though it pays better!!

14. kells Forum Member

nice one;)

15. kells Forum Member

yeah i dont play anything commercial, obviously i could but i only play what i am into, its hard to break into the scene these days, but i have been running my own events for years now, started illegal (still do a few but got the licensing and police on my back at the mo[8(] [:x] )

i am lucky enough to get to play almost everywhere i want and at my own events i get to play along side all my favorite international DJ's seen as its me that books them i can choose who i like, very hard work but worth it when you have a thousand really up for it people going for it in the club.

we have a very good reputation with JOY (my club night)

we did both love leeds festivals too, had our own arenas, one of them was 4000 capacity, was good..

the place i played in london the other week was called RHYTHM FACTORY, quite small place but a good vibe, think will be back their again at some point.

16. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

heard of that place, try to avoid east london like the plague really!!! running your own events must be great. I am a massive trance fan, but love any underground techno/house/proggressive stuff really. I find the smaller places have a better atmosphere.

17. kells Forum Member

it is awesome yeah but very hard work to do it propperly, and it costs alot of money upfront, like thousands, some of the djs are like 5k alone!!

and must agree, the small venues are the best, the video clips i added previously are from our old home the mint club in leeds, holds around 600 and was fantastic, we now run events from a club called my house (formerly stinkeys) and this club is absolutly awesome, holds around 550 in ther main room and has a funktion one sound system (bloody good in other words)

and yes east london was a little scary but nothin im not used to, apart from the illegal taxi we got hahahaha, but thats another story!!!

18. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

19. kells Forum Member

nice one :)

i run the JOY nights monthly usually, but in the summer we tend to have a break as the city is pretty dead, all the other big (underground music) nights do the same, although last year i did all the way through, we had our summer party last weekend, thats it now till september.
    Gonna calm it down a bit tho soon and do just a few big JOY partys a year with big line ups and then start another smaller night under a different name too...something which is not as serious, as it really is hard work is Joy, i am a engineer by day time too so it really takes it out of you, iv gone some weekends with totally no sleep, getting djs to airports etc, bleeding full on haha

i also run a house classics night called BLISS, gives me a chance to play some really cool classic house, which i also love, did one of these on saturday just gone, was good :)

My golf is the car thats used to haul all these international DJs to and from the club, hotlels and airports etc and is also the car that gets me to all my gigs...its prooving to be up to the job :)

20. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

know what you mean about the hard work aspect. My missus is full time DJ, but I work my own job, then finish work and we go off to all these gigs, stay up till silly o'clock drive to the next one do it all again then before you know it its monday morning - I go back to work and she spends all monday in bed catching up sleep!!! biatch!! I have started just staying in the hotel room some times though as I couldn't handle it. god knows what it is like with the extra stress of running the event, DJ'ing yourself and then going back to a day job!!!