Dinitrol - waxoiling a mk2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by jmsheahan, Mar 11, 2010.

1. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

Hi all,

Going to waxoiling the mk2 in a couple of weeks time and have been looking at Dinitrol products. After searching on here they seem to be highly recommended. This is my plan but are there any areas I've missed or should consider?

Thought if there was a compiled list it might be useful others. Please feel free to add.

3125 wax (clear/brown):

- Behind all door cards front and back (not blocking any drainage holes)
    - Tailgate base and rear wiper hole
    - Spare wheel well
    - Along both sills behind any GTI trim
    - Battery tray
    - Sunroof aperture

4941 underbody wax (Black):

- Rear beam mountings
    - Jacking points
    - Rear valance
    - Suspension turrets
    - Wheel arches

2. alexisblades99 Forum Member

chassis legs in engine bay which run on under the floor,
    rear chassis legs from bumper brackets forwards,
    up behind front wheelarch liner where sunroof water runoff drips down,
    all with the clear wax.

worth having a look at the floor under the carpet for any cracks in the original coating which could be holding water too.

under the car look out for any sharp edges as the rubbery factory underseal tends to split along these over the years.

underside of rear chassis legs behind wheels, underside of rear bench seat, any brackets fixed to the shell under the car. i go over mine once every year or so and just do the whole underneath with black underseal, making sure to get it right in the crannies.

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

Cars tend to rot from inside the box sections (sills, chassis rails, etc) outwards. So the place you'll make the most difference is spraying inside those. Also look for anywhere the original underseal is cracked from the car being jacked up under the floor / rear box sections, but generally, painting the outside in sticky tar won't make that much difference, although if the original underseal is all flaking off, it'll look a lot better.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010