Does this dump valve look a good deal?

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Aphex, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Aphex Forum Junkie

As above, I'm looking for a dump valve (recirc I believe?) for a 20vt. Preferably well chav and noisey :lol: but any will do. Anyone had good/bad experience etc?

2. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

grow up!!!! ha ha.....

sorry I hate dump valves.... they just make me think of shedscort turbo's too much...
    and fiat uno's..... and vauxhall calibra's....

:p :p :p :p

3. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

forge dv007p most common. recirc.. atmos ones can cause running problems.
    75 and available in black or bling finish

4. e12_mat Forum Member

Is it running on standard management if you not you can have an atmospheric one

5. Seraph Banned

You'd think someone would have mentioned that before...

6. Aphex Forum Junkie

Running on DTA I believe. And Seraph, I was hoping for the comment from mark3valver from your good self, you let me down :lol:

Cheers Badger may go for that one.

7. Aphex Forum Junkie

Being a complete novice with the 20vt engine, well any turbo engine for that matter, is there any advantage to the atmos dump valve?

8. andyj Forum Member

VAG 20vT motors do not like atmos dumpvalves due to the ECU going into limp mode :(

hence why you don't find a 20vT with a whoosy dumpvalve !!!

Forge 007P recirc is the best valure for money option in my book.... got one on my LCR with a cold-side relocation kit [:D]

9. Seraph Banned

Still think someone should have mentioned this before.

10. ambrose89

ambrose89 Forum Member

DONT get a noisy one that makes you sound like a T.W.A.T every time you touch the gas

11. gillm

gillm ***** User

age old thing . best set up i found on my old 20vt was a bailey dv30 with a cotton green filter

12. Aphex Forum Junkie

I get the noise isn't for some. But I like it :)

13. jc.. Forum Member

14. Aphex Forum Junkie

Only 3 people telling me it's ghey. I'm impressed [8D] :lol:

15. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

You could have to flutter but its not so nice for your turbo. My fez one didn't last so long that way.

You got to have a DV on your first turbo car just to get it out of your system ha ha.

16. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

Brauuum tsh brauum tsh tsh tsh braaaaaaaumm TSSSSSSHHHHHHH

17. Aphex Forum Junkie

Hahaha, you love it, bet you hear that at night when you think of the e30.. :lol:

18. SplatterHaus Forum Addict

E30 = brauuumm wiggle wiggle bang, dammit its on fire.....

19. Aphex Forum Junkie

Sounds like what you did to Neil's..

20. Rallye_Will Forum Member

I run DTA and had a Bailey DV25 (IIRC) for about a month, pi$$ed me right off and sounded very g@y, just get the DV007p still makes alot of noise (too much still for my liking) through the air filter!