Dog Hair Splinter....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by costel1969, Dec 13, 2022.

1. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

Up until 24 hours ago, I didn't even know there was such a thing but I most certainly do now as I currently have one lodged below the big toe on my right foot.
    I honestly thought that my body had decided to grow a random coarse hair from the top of my foot because well, it just felt like it. (This kind of stuff happens as you get older)
    Through the power of Google engineering, it was determined that no it wasn't self-generated but was caused by a 100lb German Shepherd who goes by the name of Otto and claims complete innocence.

Mugshot attached:

IMG_E0859.JPG

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    dodgy and Adamss24 like this.
  2. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Otto has the 'it wasn*t me look...'!

3. stephen stanyer Forum Member

Well I believe him.Could be self inflicted

Adamss24 likes this.
  4. costel1969

Nope definitely not self-inflicted and after some intense questioning and offers of tasty treats - Otto 'fessed' up.

5. stephen stanyer Forum Member

Could be he confessed just to get the treats.

6. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Hairs can be pretty nasty, an ingrown one can cause some very odd problems, and remember my boy mysteriously start screaming when he was a little baby, he had got a hair wrapped around a finger but right in the joint of where joins hand so couldn't see it with the chubbyness.
    Suppose rhino horns are hair too.

7. costel1969

Removed last Friday and frankly the overall scene of it's extraction would have made an excellent comedy sketch:
    • Doctor was as blind as a bat, which is saying something coming from middle-aged me.
    • Doctor initially didn't believe Patient, saying it was impossible to get such a thing - it must be something else
    • Google engineering by Patient put that to bed
    • Doctor then attempted to find gloves, syringe, needle and a scalpel - it was an Indiana Jones effort to say the least.
    • Doctor then almost fell over whilst trying to position himself and the overhead light to just the right spot
    • Patient had to direct him where to make the cut - told him to make the cut larger as all he was doing was pulling at skin and making patient annoyed
    • Doctor made cut larger - Patient could see hair, Doctor couldn't
    • Patient requested tweezers and removed hair himself.
    • Doctor in total disbelief that the hair was lodged in my foot like that - Doctor's iPhone camera had a great workout
    • End scene/sketch