Double quick DubMeister!!

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by 8Valverpaul, Jul 9, 2005.

1. 8Valverpaul Forum Member

I saw the DubMeister thread earlier this week (before it got female dogy)and so used them!! Ordered my plates at 10am Friday (yesterday) and OMFG they just arrived (Saturday) LESS than 24hrs later and they look MINT!![:D] Cant be bothered waiting for them from Germany!!

Cant wait to get em on the car later!![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

[​IMG]:clap::clap:;)

Oh and by the way for all the cynics (sp?) I am nothing to do with DubMeister!!:p
    Edited by: 8Valverpaul

2. gti8v Forum Member

:lol:

waits for thread saying the paint is flaking off..

3. old boy Forum Member

No dont be silly, they used marker pen on mine-that wont flake off!:lol:

Cheaper from www.Germanplates.comanyway, esp with the gruop buy thingy:clap:

4. spaced Forum Member

Nice mate. They've miss spelt your name though :lol:

5. gti8v Forum Member

strangely enough that's just what i have had to use on mine [:x]
    Edited by: gti8v

6. old boy Forum Member

I have heard they are doing a deal where you can buy a chunky marker pen for 1 with every new set of plates ordered.:lol:

Out of stock at the moment though due to someone breaking into the pen factory and stealing all the pen lids, or some bullpoo excuse.;)

7. TheDubMistress New Member

Ok...this is Joy here, who works at Dubmeister and drives a Dub! I'm gonna set the record straight about Dubmeister....anyone else with any complaints tell me cos I make the plates now and have done since just after Inters.We have our own German machines and will get plates out to you within 48 hours....more often than not,24 hours. I don't send any that aren't top notch quality. If necessary I will make them over and over again until they are perfect. No more marker pens....(in the past it was either that or wait for another 2 weeks or so)! I will admit that when we were reliant on the Germans not everything went right! The quality wasn't nearly asconsistant and delivery times were sometimes unacceptable. Butoccasionally the delay was down to customers...wrong credit card numbers, no payment details at all, dodgy addresses, 'not in' to accept delivery (they are sent special delivery so will need to be signed for) so they come back to us.

Regarding prices, we are, like most of you, in the UK and have to contend with the government's 17.5%VAT in our prices. You either support a fellow UK VW enthusiast who runs Dubmeister or you are sending money overseas to big up the Yanks.

As for our customer service, if you have been waiting a while for something....for God's sake TELL US...don't whinge on here like little boys! We are only on the end of a phone after all. I have years of retail experience and I can guarantee Paul has excellent customer service and knowledge of what he is selling. He has made some good friends from our customers because of this. How come anybody who supports what we are saying here, the truth, is assumed to be a friend of Dubmeister. Is it a crime that Paul has made alot of friends....doesn't that say something about him?

We try our best every day...it's not easy running a business and we get our fair share of whingers and babieswith their girlfriends or their mummies having to phone up for them cos they are too chicken to phone but anyone who has ordered show plates in the last few months can't have ANYTHING to complain about now....I DARE YOU!

PS When I'm standing in 35 degree heat making your showplates and you are sitting in your air conditioned office somewhere, spare me a thought. ;)

PPS Club GTi members and Rabbit readers get a permanent discount..support your own club guys and save money.[:D]

8. t_r_d Forum Member

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:') :clap:

even tho my plates took a while to arrive (yes that was me with the incorrect card numbers [:$] )

9. gti8v Forum Member

yep, the paint on mine is still flaking off [:x]

10. TheDubMistress New Member

Fair enough, that must be the old ones, not the ones we make now.We found out there was a reason that this sometimes happened. Phone me first thing tomorrow and I'll make you another pair which you will get by Friday. We will replace anything defective, you only have to tell us.

11. damogti Forum Junkie

i've used Dubmeister a couple of times for bits (Was one of his first customers when i bought my FK Konigsports) and cant fault him. :thumbup: [:D]

12. gti8v Forum Member

ok, can't complain at that,i will give you a bell in the morning. thankyou.

13. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

I wish i knew about dubmeister when we were getting stuff for the golf, Would have bought a load from them seeing as there only 2 mins away.

I live in the Perrings Joy. May ring a bell? :p

14. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Oh and whats going on with your site? Hasent changed for years [8(]

15. TheDubMistress New Member

Hi Matt

Course I know the Perrings! :p

A completely, new site is currently mid being constructed. Should have been live by now... but Paul has made entire site php database driven, and guess who is lumbered typing in the data bases! [:s]

It'll be worth the wait, as its gots loads of useful tech info apparently!

He has done a nice job, what I'm allowed to see so far, the plate simulator...looks exactly like the real plates..Pm me for a link! (old wotsit - no trolling comments please!)

16. gti8v Forum Member

well i actually phoned at about 1 o'clock in the afternoon and they were here before 9 o'clock the next day.
    exellent service and the plates are top quality aswell :thumbup:

17. rocco2litre

rocco2litre Forum Junkie

I dont normally winge, but i had to have my money refunded

by paypal.