DQ200 to DQ250 conversion - 7 to 6 speed DSG

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by Mjj4, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Mjj4 Forum Member

Morning all,

I'm just starting to transplant over a gen3 ea888 2.0TSI engine and DQ250 DSG from a Cat B 2015 Leon Cupra 290 into a 2018 Leon 1.8TSI DSG that has the DQ200 gearbox.

It appears that swapping from a DQ200 to DQ250 is quite simple from a wiring point of view, with the Mechatronics being the ECU, and both gearboxes being controlled by can high and low mainly. However they both use different connectors, the DQ200 uses an ECU style connector and the DQ250 uses a round connector.

I want to make an adaptor lead up so I can make it plug and play as such, but cannot find the female socket for a DQ200 box anywhere.

Can anyone either provide pin out's for the VAG DQ200 and DQ250 gearboxes in case my only option is to swap the connectors over, or have any idea what the DQ200 female socket could possibly be?

Thanks!

p.s I would post some pictures of the connectors but have no idea what people use for hosting nowadays. Last time I hosted something was when we used Photobucket!!

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

I should have a copy of Seat, VW and Audi MQB diagrams, which will have the pin outs of 0D9 and 0AM DCTs.
    There are not a lot of wires in a DSG loom, so should not be hard to make a one off loom, to suit the DQ250 MQB.
    CAN H and L is from the gateway and not the same as the OBD diagnostics CAN.
    You would need to de immo the Simos 18.1 ECU/Temic DSG also and let the ECU know what modules are on the facelift Leon.

Mjj4 likes this.
  3. Mjj4 Forum Member

Thanks for the information Toyotec. I downloaded a load of DSG diagrams from Erwin I just need to look at my old laptop for the autoscans to see which code gearboxes I have for both the 6 and 7 speed. Doesn't sound like it will be too much work though.

Regarding de-immo the Simos 18.1 ECU, I was going to try and avoid that if at all possible, which is one of the sticking points I currently have. I could swap over all of the modules from the pre facelift Leon into the facelift shell, and then deal with the headache of getting the facelift lights to work as they are primarily can bus controlled unlike the pre facelift LED's. Or could I leave the stock 18.1 Simos 1.8TSI ECU/clocks etc... in and just have the DSG box de-immo'd somehow?

I was surprised to see that the engine bay loom doesn't connect in the bulkhead like Mk4 golfs do, which made getting it out a dash out job, and the fact the engine and lighting loom are all wrapped as one is another annoyance. It's not like working with CE2 that's for sure!

Enough waffling, I'm going to try and find a definitive list of modules with component protection, which will hopefully help aid which way I go regarding using the facelift of pre facelift modules throughout the facelift shell.

Thanks

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

De Immo the Simos 18.1 and Simos 18.10 and the DQ250MQB and DQ381, cloning and adapting, is something I do as a service.
    Seats do integrate looms, more like an Audi 8V S3/A3.

Mjj4 likes this.
  5. Mjj4 Forum Member

That sounds perfect. If you can adapt the ECU and DSG to the car without deleting the immobiliser that would solve my issues perfectly, I can leave all other modules stock in the facelift car and just code the VAQ and DSG (I think).

Is this something we need to speak about over the phone? I'm not sure where you're based, I met you at Badger 5 on a rolling road a long time ago so hopefully we aren't too far from each other.