drilling a forth progression hole in dcoe 152

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by jamez, Jun 25, 2013.

1. jamez Forum Member

I have a really bad off idle problem with my 152 dcoe 45''s and read on another forum that it is possible to drill a 4th progression hole , converting them to 152g carbs to relieve the problem. Has anyone done this or seen it done? What were the results.

2. fredybender Forum Member

3. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

The 152's on sale (cheap) new seem to have extra progression holes. (ebay)
    You can always block them back off
    Honestly never had a big progression issue.
    Are you sure you have near right idle and main circuit jets? Likewise, is it running cleanly on 4 cyls during the transition?
    My dash lambda reader is useful on the mk2 rallycar. Bounces end-end at idle (slightly lean), then pullsm into the green zone on main jet. (luminition)
    100 well spent IMHO
    Jon

4. jamez Forum Member

I ended up removing the carbs and bought a set of 152g 4 hole carbs and swapped the jets , rebalanced the carbs and the problem was solved. I contacted a company here, bccp fuel systems , to ask about re-drilling the carbs but they were not too keen on the idea and made it very clear that this can go wrong so its done at your own risk..........so i just bought the 152g carbs. Runs now like a scalded cat, but needs bigger cams to get the best from the diesel crank.