Drive by wire megasquirt

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Rocco Storm 16v, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Rocco Storm 16v Forum Member

I am fitting a 2005 1.8t seat leon FR engine into my scirocco storm using Megasquirt 1 v3 using coil on plug wasted spark, it has VVC and drive by wire. I think i have sorted the VVC issues but i am lookin to use a PWM circuit to control the throttle operation, has any one ever done this before? the easy option would be get rid of the throttle body and put it a 2E cable operated throttle body (2.0 golf gti) but i would like to get the whole thing working as it left the factory. Any ideas would be apperciated

tim

2. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

simple, either don't use megasquirt, or don't use DBW!

if you want it working as it left the factory then use the factory management.

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

What goal would be achieved by "getting it working as it left the factory".
    180bhp and 173lbft?

What is wrong with using a 4 pole coil pack triggered by 2 VB921s, 16v leads, and a 2E cable throttle body?
    And what benefits, to you, will be achieved by using DBW and even the Variable Cam Timing solenoid?
    Dont we all want to do a conversion where we dont have to spend any money on the hardware to get it to run just as we want it?
    The more expensive ecus like Motec and Autronic can carry out your desired functions./
    But can the torque/power/response of a OEM 1.8T justify the cost of the EMS/time spent in calibration and use...

4. Rocco Storm 16v Forum Member

fair points really i was i was only toying with the idea to be a little diffent

5. KeithMac Forum Junkie

No-one`s done it on MS due to the implications if it went wrong iirc, there have been discussions about it.

6. bertelli_1 Forum Member

DBW would be difficult to implement. VVC on the other hand is dead easy as it just switches over at certain revs.