Drive Mk5 Gti today

Discussion in 'Mk5' started by JamesB, Jan 13, 2005.

1. JamesB Forum Member

Took my Mk2 in for the launch tonight, they offered me a lift back home but on way out that chap who was going to drive me back asked me for my driving licence and gave me the keys, we walked outside (I was expecting a polo 1.0e!) but he took me over to the new Gti!

Garage to my house isn't far and on way I kept hinting that I wanted to take it further (some dual roads ;) ). As we got near to mine he said...'Go on then just take it upto the bypass!' Bearing in mind I knew there were 2 round abouts I'd have to go round I was well chuffed! [:D]

Got to the bypass, floored it, upto 100, pretty rapid considering im used to a standard mk2 Gti! Then onto the roundabouts...pulled out on one and he said 'Go on give it some' Got the back out! Was fantastic!! [:D] Just seems so balanced, all the electronics made it feel very forgiving, like you could do what you want with it and it'll always recover!

Only problem....student loan doesn't go up to 22k!

2. stella

stella Forum Junkie

You lucky devil - I haven't managed to persuade anyone to let me behind the wheel of a gti yet. Driven both the FSIs and was well impressed, but really want to have a play with the gti......