DTA AND MK4 TACHO

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Vento Mike, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

OK, got dta management...it wont run the mk4 tacho...there must be a way around this, I know its the same problem on the mk3's...any suggestions...i really don't wanna run a seperate tacho [:^(]

2. Rallye_Will Forum Member

Hey mate, I know it's a long time ago but did you manage to sort this, i'm trying to do it now. I know how to make it work for the MkII clocks but not the MkIV.

3. davecr32 Forum Member

hi, it might be worth checking if your golf is can bus.

if you can read the part number on your speedo. if it's got 919 in it, it's not canbus and should work with dta.

if its 920 i dont think it will work.

4. Dub Nutta Forum Member

I know ther's a way Vince gets around this on Mk2's it involves taking the feed from the coil signal wire and puttin in an inline 1k resistor or something if i rember rightly.

5. Rallye_Will Forum Member

B*ll*cks, it does start 920, is there no way around this then? (I've no idea if it's canbus, thought it was pre 2002, but maybe not!)

6. Rallye_Will Forum Member

Are you sure that's not for the analogue MkII clocks?

7. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

I've given up with it now mate...I actually had Vince at Stealth to have a look when my car was up for mapping it and he couldn't sort it...maybe given more time...who knows!

I'm looking for a proper set of gauges now my cars stripped out....

[​IMG]

Just gotta bite the bullit and spend the money!:lol: [xx(] 350