dta wizards - a bit of help please

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by dan.h, Jan 29, 2011.

1. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

simple test...
    2 of your 3 pins will measure a resistance with a meter. thats the sensor pins.. forget the other one completely. DTA does not want it connected at all to any earth reference on the ecu.

try them connected and crank it over, and see what you get on the check oscilliscope thing, and if not pronouced signal, swap them over and try again.

are you running cam sensor also?
    what settings have you got in main engine settings for crank mode ,wheel to use etc etc

my ibiza uses std 1.8t sensor, and cam sensor (multi window not single window like early models)

my settings:
    Sensor Wheel Tooth Spec, under main engine settings.
    No of teeth inc missing = 60
    No of missing teeth = 2
    Gap Tooth factor = 2000
    Sensor Position - 84deg btdc
    Firing tooth on startup = 1
    Flywheel mode = 15-vw 1.8t 60-2,4 tooth cam (only hall effect)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  2. dan.h Forum Member

Thanks bill. I'll chec k the sensor when I get home. I have the 60-2 trigger wheel selected and the external amps box ticked as I have the 4 pin coil packs which are amplified. I'm not running a cam sensor. Tbh I think my problem lies with how I've wired the sensor.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  3. dan.h Forum Member

Bit of an update, i had the car running today. It was just on the map that comes in the ecu as im having trouble transferring the map i have for the car to the ecu as it doesnt recognise it as a dta map. It ran for about 20 secs then when i tried to help it with the throttle it cut out. Not a fair test really as the car hasnt ran since the end of oct and i have tried to start it quite alot so plugs i would imagine will be soaked and i never bothered to take them out to clean them up. So thats a bit of progress. Only thing is i think the ignition swictch has took a dump on me as it wont turn over now. Typical corrado lol

4. MelG60 Paid Member Paid Member

What is your version S40 and what version software are you running?

5. dan.h Forum Member

Hi Mel the hardware version is 1.01 and the firmware version is 57.00

6. dan.h Forum Member

another bit of an update. Checked which wires had continuity between them. Ive connected these in but no matter which way round i have them connected it shows a marker line after after the one marked 58 which is nearly as tall which when referring to the manual it indicates its connected the wron way round, how ever when connected to the other core this marker goes on the oscilloscope.
    I think i am just going to get a 2 wire crankshaft sensor for it - not sure what the implications of this will be yet.
    On a positive note it starts but runs very lumpy, ive checked all foru plugs and they all spark. The engine picks up as the revs increase although it sounds like its firing on 3. I just took it steady as theres no specific map installed. So overall im pretty happy as its running i can now take the engine to bits and start doing my upgrades i think lol [:s]

7. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

what if any crank synch errors being reported?

8. dan.h Forum Member

Not sure tbh. I'll check tonight and post my findings.
    Thanks

9. dan.h Forum Member

Not sure tbh. I'll check tonight and post my findings.
    Thanks