Dual weber 1.8 16v mk1

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by Carby, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Carby New Member

Hello everyone,

Aother white Mk1 Convertible joining in on the forums. My name is William and I'm from the Netherlands.

Bought a Mk1 with an 1.8 Kr with dual DCOE40 webers years ago. Of course fell in love with the machine without proper checking it and after a year or so unfortunatly had to send it to the scrapper because the frame was absolutly gone. Floorpans, rockerpanels, everything was rotted away.

Of course I tried to save as much as I could for the next car, because I caught the bug. Pulled the engine, wheels, top, interior and a box full of other small stuf.

Found another car and had years of fun with that one until last year my waterpump pulley broke in half, just before entering a long tunnel. Not wanting to stop I pushed the car too far over it's limit en that is how I ended up at this forum…

i’m now in the process of converting it back to the 1.8 16v kr engine I had saved from the previous car. Have done a full rebuild on it with new rings, seals, bearings, waterpump, oilpump, distr. etc. but got stuck on the electrical and fuel part of the build. And that is where I hope you guys could help out. I've already found the extensive topic on wiring and figured out everything except for how to wire in a fuelpump en where to mount it.

Bit about the engine:
    1.8 16V KR
    Dual weber DCOE40 carbs
    Faster cams
    Lightened flywheel

On the todo list:
    Rebuild carbs, new shiny hardware an gaskets
    New air filters, maybe switch to foam ram air or something
    Refurbish original wheels

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]