Dubweiser Golf - when is a Golf no longer a Golf?

Discussion in 'Mk1' started by RobT, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Seraph Banned

It shouldn't be, but...

"just because thats where it came from doesnt mean thats a reason for him not to build a car like that"...

is not a point, it's your opinion isn't it. In exactly the same way everyone has an opinion, no more or less valid than another.

Not sure I appreciate your interest here.
    Either you've been hanging out with InOakGreen or you've a vested interest here?[:s]
    I didn't really make my original post to get into a big debate as why I have that opinion.

2. mk1steve Forum Member

it is simple, you state where a s2 engine should be, but isnt....

you post didnt contribute to anything other than being different and sounding negative.

if your original post went along the lines of, s2 engine blah blah BUT it looks good or workmanship is brilliant then i would not have the feeling that you sound only negative and have nothing of value to add.

nothing to do with inoakgreen or any vested intrest in the build, is that an assumption because i have questioned you? a rather defensive post from you i see.;)

if you have no wish to let this get into a big debate thats fine by all means, just please bear in mind you sound very aloof and condescending in you post/posts this is why this happened/happens.:thumbup:

3. Aphex Forum Junkie

It's been a while since I've seen Seraph have a discussion like this ;) :lol:

4. mk1steve Forum Member

im not the first i see then, but im in the wrong none the less;) :lol:

5. Aphex Forum Junkie

I don't take sides but Seraph always has a valid point. I love him and have stalked him for quite some time. :lol:

6. mk1steve Forum Member

how can you argue with what i actually thought about your posting??:clap:

i see why you get so arsey is the fact that your opinion is the correct one when other post something about you its a personal attack not constructive crititisism.

have you ever wondered why you get peoples backs up, because this certainly isnt the first time is it:lol:

7. bula_82 Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol:

Steve, i dont often see Seraph get peoples backs up, only people, not many like, and tbh, IOG was the equivilant (sp) to GTILass.... so, he doesn't count! ;)

8. mk1steve Forum Member

i just seem to be seeing more than there is to him then, but still im trying to get a point across ill see if he will take it onboard or not.

9. mk1steve Forum Member

wow 4 posts to resort to derogatory coments must be a person best seraph well done:thumbup: .

actually no , so i dont agree with you so im now a thug:clap:

seeming you seem to not want to accept something i said as an explination and a way to finish this "discussion" i will end it now.

we are not going to see eye to eye on this and before this resorts to more name calling i aint gonig to bother with any more post to you.

10. Aphex Forum Junkie

I saw an s3 powered lupo last night. It was great. :)

11. fthaimike Forum Addict

tbh i didn't even think the original comment was worthy of an argument myself?

12. Seraph Banned

Thank god! Sense prevails at last!

Was beginning to think it was just me!

That's nothing Aphex, I've heard a member on here is putting a huge twin-turbo engine into a Corrado - outrageous!

13. Aphex Forum Junkie

No way! You so crazy. :lol:

14. andyj Forum Member

missed this thread when RobT first started it......

an interesting observation I made at Inters this year was the S3 powered Clio.... now is that classed as an Audi or a Renault ?!? ;)

15. i.a.n.b Forum Junkie

Thats a new can of worms!:lol:

16. red 8V Forum Member

whens a horse stop beening a horse?

ITS A HORSE

Red

17. andypaterson Forum Member

This horse has had it's drivetrain modified, is it still a horse?

[​IMG]

18. red 8V Forum Member

thats a nice horse what mods you done? 6 legs must be 50% more horse power up ;)

Red

19. superden Forum Addict

Does anyone really care ? OMG its not 100% VAG (ina) so its crap ... oooh look, theres yet another Mk2 20vT ..

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  20. 16valver Forum Member

:clap:

I see the point of the disscussion, sort of, and it is an interesting read but it doesnt really matter does it?

I think its good people put together these cars or 'mongrels' as they have been called. Keeps things interesting and tbh, makes good sense dropping in a vtec for eg, rather than having to sell a kidney to tune your 16v!

For me, if it looks like a golf, thats what it is. If people are determined that it is NOT a golf, how would they refer to it at an event when pointing it out to a mate, for eg?

Vw Diehard - " Hey man, look there's that audi powered, awd, quick thingy that looks like a Gol...No, sorry mate, I can't actually call it that, coz it's not. You see the one I mean??"

Mate - "No pal, can't see it. Oh, is it that Golf over there?"

Vw Diehgard - "Yes... Oh FFS, it only 'looks' like a golf you know..."

Mate - "Yeah whatever. Im hungry, let's get a burger."

:lol:

If it looks like it, it will always be that car that is recognisable. Whether it is 'right' or not is irrelevant. You don't have to build one if you don't like it!! :lol:

Oh and, lol at the whole page of Seraph's pointless arguing on the previous page. Again.