DX stalling when cold

Discussion in '8-valve' started by 2dubnick, Sep 13, 2008.

1. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Runs all good once warmed up but when cold the car is a nightmare, just cuts out everytime the engine is reved. Should the cold start valve get power everytime you turn the car on? what checks shall I do to try and find the fault. Throttle body is off for cleaning right this second but it isnt really that dirty.

Also could be related but Im unsure if the tappets have been set right? head was rebuilt and skimmed and now if you rev past 4k it sounds like there coming throu the rocker cover[:s] car also seems to be lacking performance big time.

I know its a bit of a noob question and theres stuff about this under the search but I can find what I want, cheers in advanced:)

2. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

cheers for that, it seems its a intermittent fault as the car started fine when I went back to it and it was cold again. However when I was driving it this time it idled at 1500rpm! I drove 200miles the other day and it idled fine apart from when cold?
    What sensor/part is likely to be playing up then? Could cleaning the small amout of gunk out of the throttle body changed the idle?

3. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

will do, cheers for the help!