Easy boost leak tester

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by 2dubnick, Jul 6, 2012.

1. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

I was about to make a boost leak tester, nothing special just a bleed nipple in a rattle can lid but then I walked past my easibleed kit and realised it is already a boost leak tester (sort of) and as you only only stick it on a tyre its a nice steady sub 30psi and no compressor needed, sure quite alot of guys on here have an easibleed kit and checking for boost leaks is essential on any F.I car, I was shocked to find two tiny leaks in my Pro Alloy intercooler!

2. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

Excuse my ignorance but is there an "idiot's guide" to doing this?

3. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Matt82 wrote a little something a while back using a compressor I think but basically stick the lid of the easybleed into your first boost hose off the turbo, you might need to find a different lid or plumbing fitting or anything that will fit in the boost hose tight that you can drill a hole in the middle of to fit the easibleed fittings into, close off any vacuum lines that are attached to any of the intake system from the turbo to TB, might not be essential but better safe than sorry. Then just check your tyre pressure isn't insanely high and connect up the easibleed, you'll hear the system pressure up and then listen for air leaks, also make sure there is no brake fluid in any of the easibleed parts. Im **** at describing things but once you have it all in front of you its more obvious.

4. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

I'd be interested to see any pics of this being done!! - I need to test my Anni and I have the easibleed set up..

5. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Just made a setup on the lathe. Nothing clever. two 3/4" plastic bungs, one with a schraeder valve pushed into it. Then use a footpump