Ebay K04-001 turbo's

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Project 8+12, May 21, 2012.

1. Project 8+12 Forum Member

Just looking at these on ebay. Has anyone ever used one of these ebay turbos (k04-001)? Are they the same size as a normal k04 that you get on the BAM engine?

I dont want to mess around with the cost of different downpipes etc, so I thought this may be a good alternative and easy to fit because of the k03 style fitment. I know these are not big turbos by the way but im looking to make my mk2 a bit more fruity for the track ;).

Any info would be appreciated :thumbup:

2. turbotommy Forum Member

No,they are slightly bigger than a k03s.I wouldn't use a chinese copy one either espec on the track.
    I'd go for a propper k03/4 hybrid,speak to someone like Badger 5 or the like to get some honest advice and figures. I'd expect a bill for around 800 just for the turbo and 250/260ish bhp when mapped but this is just a guess.

3. Project 8+12 Forum Member

No i didnt fancy a chinese one. The genuine ones must be like rocking horse crap because I never see them for sale.