ecp strikes again

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by pigbladder, Aug 19, 2005.

1. pigbladder Forum Addict

i went into ecp today..enquire with the goon if theres a hall sender repair kit for a polo

goon says ..whats a hall sender [:x]

why cant they get some decent staff

2. Andy947 Forum Addict

3. t_r_d Forum Member

(shouts yesssss to himself)

clink

4. Admin Guest

their no better at times

GSF "whats the car?"
    Me " that doesn't matter, i just need these parts"
    GSF "no we need to know what the car is"
    Me "no you don't, i just need some 16v 256mm brakes, thats all thank you"

i get some 239mm discs [:s]

5. TBH they, as with the majority of parts suppliers use a computer database to locate the part numbers for the goods you require. Hence they need that information. At the end of the day how many different cars come in 16v?

The proof is in the pudding. You didn't give them the info they needed and you didn't get the right parts.

They have computers to double check the parts you get are the right ones for your car. This is thier job to take the info. If they didn't need to ask then they wouldn't. I ask you if you would go anywhere else and do the same? Go to the casualty dept and if they ask you have you had anything to eat in the last 8 hours I bet you wouldnt say "You dont need to know that you just need to stich up my open wound!" Cos if you do you may end up dead when they put you to sleep and you vomitup the food or drink you just had and then choke to death.

The reason i posted this is I work in customer service and the worst customer you can help, is the one who wants the most help, but wont let you give them that help, as they know it all.

6. Mk2_Ozz Forum Member

Thats fair enough but whenever I go into gsf I tell them exactly what my car is, year, engine everything and if I'm buy a lot of bits its almost guaranteed that at least one will be wrong, and I wont notice until i've taken my car apart!!

I've got into the habit of checking all bits in the car outside the shop now to save myself some petrol!!

7. I can relate to that. I too have been given the incorrect parts before. Usually because VW make that many revisions so there are a load of little differences to the parts. Thats one good reason to go to the dealer as they can get the exact part by your chassis number. At the end of the day VW know thier stuff but this does come at a price.

One good tip is to always check the parts before you leave to make sure they are the right ones as the computer databases are only as good as the information they hold.

8. thebluebus Forum Junkie

that is so true. Totally ignore what you are telling them and just go with whats on their screen [:x]

9. AndrewF Forum Addict

surely in that situation its better to just say you have a '92 16v mkII?

10. Seraph Banned

two words tbh:

peanuts...........monkeys! [:D]

11. Admin Guest

not when you don't own a mk2 :lol:

you give them the part number for the brakes out off their website or book, you would also think you would know what your ordering too.

thats why the car was irrelevant for me, i just needed the discs, some folk at GSF are great some are just pants.

12. AndrewF Forum Addict

yeah, i know you have a mkI...but obviously the stupid guy behind the counter can't comprehend that a mkI can be retrofitted with 256's....so to stop his small brain getting confused just pretend you have a late 16v? that way you'd end up with the correct parts.

13. madvw New Member

surely the point here is that they are incapable of ordering the parts you asked for, not by car make/model, BUT THEIR OWN WAREHOUSE PART NUMBER!!

has nothing to do with asking what car they are from, just them being incapable of l-i-s-t-e-n-i-n-g and providing what i asked for.

TBH, I get pi$$ed off sometimes when I get asked what car blah blah blah, i've done my research thoroughly, and I want to buy part x, with part number y - sort it. If I wanted advice, I would start by asking "what part....".

Sometimes the customer does know more than the salesman, although granted, not always.

14. Admin Guest

which is why i don't tell him that, its gets very complicated, i've tried......

but even giving him the part number for the 256mm brakes from a mk2 16v, i still got 239mms [:s] [8(]

which is why i don't GSF any more, go to my local garage who know what i'm doing/want.

15. darrynK

darrynK Forum Addict

but telling them the car i have always confuses 'em too [:x]

"1992? mk2? no they didn't make the mk2 in 1992, it's a mk3 you have..."
    <me points out window at my mk2>
    "it must be a '91 then"
    <sigh>

16. Fair enough if you give them the part number. They should be able to get thet right. I was just confused as that information wasn't provided in the first comment.

I agree that they often give you the wrong part. I suppose they normally ask for the car information as the majority of people are buing direct replacement parts for thier cars and not upgrading etc. I can imagine what it would be like ifthey asked my girlfriend what size brake discs she wants! Its hard enough asking her what year and engine size it is. lol

17. thebluebus Forum Junkie

:lol:

18. vrooooom Forum Member

I always get the counter staff confused, mainly cos i'm usually getting bits for at least two different cars at the same time! Always good for a laugh :lol: :lol:
    Always go home with the right bits though! [:D]

19. Admin Guest

thats fair enough as well, some people need a quide but when you know what you want and ask for it and still get the wrong part how hard can it be? [:s]

20. rradogolfman Forum Member

most of our cars are modified,, i`e you aint gonna get nowhere telling them you have a golf GTI 8v when you want 280mm g60 brakes, or engine parts for a 1.8t,,