Ecu file size?

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by Sausage, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Sausage New Member

I posted this in the diesel section but it's very quiet in there so I'll put it in here too where it should have gone in the 1st place.

http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?282035-Lupo-TDI-ECU-file-size-is-odd

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Lupo TDi is remapped to 105BHP and was already done when got the car.

Now i bought an MPPS lead and downloaded the ecu file hoping to have a fiddle with it or at least load it in software and and look thru it.

The file comes down as 204kb every time no matter what settings i choose and i cant do much with it as I think it should be 512kb by all accounts so software wont open it etc..

Is this some custom file that only the ones who did the map can mess with? The car goes well, no problems at all otherwise.

I'm going to buy another tdi ecu and mess about with that one and leave the current ecu alone as i have 512KB remapped files ready to use, but can anyone shed any light on my small file size?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

TLDR: Ecu dump comes down as 204kb on my lupo tdi, why?

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

Answered in your other post.

MUSHY 16V likes this.