Eddypecks ‘06 Mk5 Golf GTI DSG

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by AKAeddypeck, Aug 27, 2021.

1. AKAeddypeck Forum Member

I've posted up about my Mk2, but thought I'd add a thread for my daily.

Technically it's my Wife's car, it's in her name, as I have the Mk2 and a motorbike, but she's just bagged a new job within walking distance which is great as that'll keep the miles off now on.

Owned for just over 2 years now.

2 owners previous owners, the 1st owner is the 2nd owners father-in-law so a family owner car with full VW service history. And a great factory spec.

Full display dash
    Heated seats on cloth
    Climate control
    Sunroof
    Multifunction steering wheel
    DGS with flappy paddles
    Xenon lights with washers
    18" Monza wheels
    Parking sensors

I wasn't convinced on DSG, but it was the compromise I decided to make to get a good example that had all of the other spec I wanted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've changed the cam follower, had to spend a small fortune on a new air con compressor, fitted a new thermostat which involved removing most of the front of the car - to then find out TPS had supplied the wrong part :-(

The car is all stock original and I'm looking to keep it that way, I have no interest in modding it, I have the bike if I want to go fast fast!

Chasing big power in a car is an expensive exercise, when a couple of grand on a motorbike will give 0-60 in under 3 seconds and a 10 second quarter mile stock. It dosen't take much effort to get a horse per kilo power to weight ratio.

Anyway, back to this. I'm looking to keep it clean and tidy and keep it for a long while hoping on its future classic status. Although my wife is already making noises about changing it. I'll have to work something out so she gets a new car and I get to keep it.

when it's not that hard to achieve a horse per kilo power to weight ration on bike! 'll never

suggs_84 and dragonfly like this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

That's really nice.

3. suggs_84

suggs_84 Paid Member Paid Member

Does look very smart that!

4. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Very clean. That's my ideal spec Mk5 Gti, apart from an R32.

5. AKAeddypeck Forum Member

I discovered recently Mk5 Golf (and mk6 for that matter) are now included within the official Volkswagen Classic Parts Website.

https://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.com/catalog/en_uk/nav/golf/golf-mk5

I was looking at my Mk2 in the work carpark the other day and obviously, it was the oldest car in the car park, I then had a closer look around and realised that even if I'd taken the mk5 it would still be the oldest car in the car park [:D]

MJA likes this.