edited post - Hel fuel lines - edited post

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by somafunk, Nov 1, 2011.

1. somafunk Forum Member

I need two fuel lines at the pump assembly (pump to accumulator + accumulator to filter) and could also do with new braided fuel lines in the engine bay, who can supply the correct lines at a decent price?.

I phoned Hel Performance today but they no longer make them - bugger!

Cheers,

DISREGARD THE TITLE - HEL CAN NOW SUPPLY THESE ITEMS FROM STOCK - VERY GOOD QUALITY AND FIT - SEE THIS THREAD http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=244276

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  2. somafunk Forum Member

Or can anyone advise on the correct fittings for pump to accumulator + accumulator to filter pipe, if i get these i can ring round a few places and try and find somewhere to make them.

The braided injector lines i might send off to get some made.

Cheers,

3. 3hirty8ight Forum Member

I got my pump hoses made by Pirtek in Reading. Did a good job too..

Im sure HEL would make you some as they are a custom hose manufacturer!?

4. DGT

DGT Forum Member

rally design?

5. somafunk Forum Member

Hel need the original fuel lines sent to them to copy as the guy who used to make them has left, my lines around the fuel accumulator are so corroded i'm gonna have to cut them off.

I'll try the other recommendations - cheers!.

6. Mk2Luke16v Forum Member

I need some of these also, so let's keep this post going, and the first one of us with a solution can update it :thumbup:

7. somafunk Forum Member

I found a spare fuel pump assembly in the shed so i'm soaking the pump to accumulator + accumulator to filter fittings with plus-gas, hopefully i'll manage to free them off to be copied. Anyone who needs a set can post up here and i'll be in touch when i send them to Hel.

Cheers,

8. Mk2Luke16v Forum Member

Fast work, that'd be awesome if you can keep me on the list for this and let me know their price if they successully copy them.

Cheers

Luke

9. somafunk Forum Member

Hel's last offer for the pair was 34 but that was from someone inside the firm - i'll give them a call t'morn and see if they'll copy a set and make available for others to purchase.

Cheers,

10. somafunk Forum Member

Finally managed to get them off, plus gas and a couple of small hammers chattering away on the heads of the fittings finally broke the rust enough to get a bit of movement going. I'll email Hel wi a couple of pics of the removed fittings and see if they'll make them for us wi stainless fittings, if so i'll post them the pipes so they can match the threads.

I'll also remove my engine bay injector lines and send them off as they need replaced as well.

11. no.53 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Fuel pump lines

Without wanting to do too much blatant selling (sorry chris!)

We can supply these new from stock - the original manufacturer believe it or not was UK based.

pump to accumulator and accumulator to filter are 18.50 each and pump housing to metering unit for a 16v is 28.50. (all prices plus vat)

Saxon motorsport on 01580720845

12. Mk2Luke16v Forum Member

Good feedback from me for Saxon Motorsport on these, they were super speedy to deliver and they've been fitted today without problem, great stuff thanks.

Luke

13. somafunk Forum Member

Humphh.......Hel have had my fuel lines to copy for the past 10 days and i'm still waiting for them.....so much for a 3 day turnaround eh?.

14. Ben - HEL Performance

Ben - HEL Performance Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

We have indeed and I can only apologise for not turning them round faster, its been a hectic and difficult few weeks recently. Good news is my man flu is improving and I see no reason why I wont be sending them out to you on Monday. Apologies for the delay again.

15. Ben - HEL Performance

Ben - HEL Performance Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Pleased to say the 2 fuel hoses and the k-jet hoses have all been re-designed and made up and sent out to somafunk today. As soon as we can we'll get a new post up with pictures and prices for these 2 kits, but essentially they are available again now :thumbup:

16. somafunk Forum Member

I'll let everyone know how they fit/look with pics as soon as i get them fitted this week.

After my "huffy fit" post up there ^ where i threw the toys out my pram i am pleased to say well done to Ben and Hel - I'll post pics t'mons night.

17. redi

redi Forum Member

Have you got any pics of these yet, my accumulater hose has decided to spray petrol everywhere so need to get hold of some.

18. somafunk Forum Member