Edition 35 Launch Party - Singapore

Discussion in 'Mk6' started by JCS16V, Nov 27, 2011.

1. JCS16V Forum Member

Hi all

I thought I would post a few pictures of the Edition 35 launch party that was held in Singapore today.

Performance VW's are quite popular here - there are a lot of GTI's and Scirrocco's on the roads, both standard and modified. However as the mk1, mk2 and mk3 were never sold in Singapore, you never see any of them. For a mk2 fanatic like me, that means major withdrawal symptoms!

It was good to see the new Edition 35 today, but for me the best thing was that VW Singapore had some mk2's on show. Because there are no mk1, mk2 or mk3 in Singapore, they had to get some GTI enthusiasts to drive down from Malaysia. It was cool though because there was an Oak Green 16v there, plus a quite tidy blue 16v with a mk3 Recaro interior.

Anyway, I'll let the pictures do the talking!:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And if you think the Edition 35 is expensive in England, just check out the list price of it here...

[​IMG]

That's about 100 grand in sterling...!

2. jamesa Forum Junkie

... on a low interest ten year deal ?

Did you get to drive one ?

3. MK5 Steve

MK5 Steve Forum Member

............you would have to be fuc**ng mad to spend that on a Golf!!!!!!!!!!.

4. jamesa Forum Junkie

^ Are you aware of how people purchase / finance cars in Singapore and the relative cost comparison with other vehicles ?