Edition 35

Discussion in 'Mk6' started by Deako, May 10, 2011.

1. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Well, its here at long last.

I think its a bit of a let down compared to the Edition 30 to be honest. And the price point is insane. Id rather have a 6-12month old Scirocco R.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle.aspx?AR=256916

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Willber Forum Member

Silly money and what for? The Golf R or Scirrocco R represents better value I think. Doesn't look very inspiring does it?

3. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Lets hope it doesnt use the EA888 Golf engine, limiting the tuning potential somewhat. If it uses the EA113 engine with a K04, then it will be onto a winner. And a remap will see it near 300bhp.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  4. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

are they going to have an 'Edition' every year? whats the point and the wheels look like they have come off a vauxhall people carrier.

5. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Every 5 years. Effectively, its been the same since the Golf was introduced. You could literally say the Edition 5 was the Mk1 Campaign, the Edition 10 was the Mk2 Campaign (1 in 10 million), the Edition 20 Mk3 was the Anniversary, Edition 25 was the Mk4 Anniversary and the Edition 30 was the Mk5. Now this.

6. G-Man Forum Junkie

Those wheels look like a tweaked version of the standard BBS montreal 2 alloys from a mk4

7. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

I want one now after watching this:

[YOUTUBE]uPxqlKJqKqM[/YOUTUBE]

Wheels look better when its on the move. Pictures above didnt really do it justice.

8. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

Never thought of it that way. Car is growing on me just think the wheels dont look right. I think it would still look better with the CH wheels but maybe it will look just right in the flesh.

9. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Having seen a couple in the flesh now, i really like them. Would definitely be buying one if i could get a good enough deal. But i somehow doubt there would be any deals to be had.

10. Big Ginge Paid Member Paid Member

I was feeling a little gutted when I started reading this thread, considering I'm picking a candy white up on Tuesday. Glad youre coming round to the Edition 35 now though!

11. MK5 Steve

MK5 Steve Forum Member

For a 35 birthday special (& what is special about that?) they just don't do it for me. ED30 was a far better special edition.

12. nealey Forum Junkie

Saw one of these today and wasn't impressed, would much rather have a standard gti with a few options chucked on it.

13. Big Ginge Paid Member Paid Member

Surely the purpose of the Edition models is subtle changes to styling and not forgetting the extra power? I know I'm biased but thats the way the edition/campaign models have always been? Plus the fact if you spec'd a standard GTi up to the standard spec of the 35 you'd be out of pocket, especially if having finance. On a PCP agreement you pay for the options over the term of the finance, if the spec is standard then the finance is cheeper - no brainer!