Electric mirrors for Corrado

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by watercooled, Jun 1, 2023.

1. watercooled Forum Member

Need help locating the relay for electric mirrors ,maybe they don't have one but don't know ?,my mirrors aren't moving but I hear a clicking when trying the switch...sounds like a relay is clicking but not latching ?.
    TIA,cheers.

2. 2swe Forum Member

there's no relay for power mirrors, just fuse 14 (10Amps)
    check the mirror adjustment switch first, i cleaned the switch internals with sand paper and used little bit of grease to protect it from moisture, no problem with mirrors since then.

3. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

As above, 99% always the switch and I have done the same.
    The corrado forum has a 'how to' on it

4. watercooled Forum Member

Thanks guys,have a spare switch so will try that first,cheers.

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

also if you hear a click from mirror try just giving it a push with your finger, you can adjust it this way and it might free up a sticky motor. if nothing you do fixes it the motor is the same as used in mk2 golf, passat b3/4, T4 and some 80s-90s BMWs:
    https://www.clubgti.com/forums/inde...lectric-mirrors-wiring-and-information.28405/

if the other side works fine you could try removing from car and swapping over before you spend any money that'll tell you if its switch or wiring rather than the motor

edit: could just be corrosion on the pin contacts, its all unsealed in there so it does happen

6. watercooled Forum Member

Thanks RJ,makes sense about the motors being stuck up in my case as the drivers side had the plug to switch disconnected,it that case I would say they haven't worked for a long time.
    Will try the spare switch I have when I finish door repair as all masked up for painting and mirror has been removed which alone was a mission as the mounting screws were rusted in....finally got them undone without breaking them.
    Cheers.
    edit : which contact pins are you referring to ?

7. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

just the 4 spades into the back of the motor unit, plus theres the 2 unsealed 3 pin plugs joining mirror loom to main door loom. all worth a good buff up