Electrical Problem

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by vwbobby, Nov 23, 2013.

1. vwbobby Forum Member

Hi All,

As you all know I have bought a new corrado, but having problems with some electrical things and need some help.

Basically my electric windows are not working, my sunroof only goes up, but does not open fully and my spoiler only come up by the switch?

I have checked the fuses and they are all fine?

What could be the issue?

Any ideas?

Please help.

Cheers

2. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Need to check feed to the window switches and make sure wiring isn't damaged going into the doors,check the motors in the doors by powering them directly from a battery. The sunroof may be getting stuck?

I believe the Corrado has a module for the spoiler, it may be not getting the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) signal to it?, if it's like a VR6 there should be a blue/white wire going into position W1 on the back of the fusebox .

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  3. vwbobby Forum Member

Excellent cheers mate, will be checking these, the switches are all fine as I had a spare set and tried those as well, but no joy

4. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Might be worth joining up to the Corrado forum, as I bet there's more specific info on there, wiring diagrams and such like.

http://the-corrado.net/forum.php

5. lard44 Forum Member

He is...

6. vwbobby Forum Member

Yeah already there mate, cheers

7. watercooled Forum Member

My Corrado came with a spares package,lots of spare window switches...go fiqure,were your spare ones new?,the sunroofs are a real problem,appears the transplant from a Passat is a easy fix as the repair parts for yours will be big $$$$$.....ask me how I know.
    Common sunroof woes are many,guides,cables, motors fail,it would seem the gables and motors cr#p out after the guides wear/fail in that order.
    Personally I wouldn't worry about the spoiler as long as the manual switch works,in my country its illegal to travel @ the speed it lifts automatically @ and besides they do block rear vision somewhat,up to you of course.