ELSA WIN Langauge Change? + other Q's!

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Vento Mike, May 16, 2009.

1. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Anyone know how to do it, I've installed elsa ages ago but the first menu (where you log in is all in German) I've never had that problem before when I've installed it [:s]

2nd Question,

[​IMG]

How would I find for example for a 1992 mk3 golf VR6 Highleine the wiring diagrams for the instument cluster, would there be a general section that covers all mk3 golfs? I can't see it in above menu[:s]

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

some of the wiring diagrams just arnt there, i found on mk3 to get instrument cluster you need to select post 96 models
    edit: i think for language you log into elsawin admin and select the user, then you can change lang there, iirc. either that or its in menu. i cant get tyo my home pc right now but when i can i'll check

3. rubjonny

ok had a look on mine, you cant change the default language once set so its a case of deleting the user and recreating in the elsawin admin app. there is a language optiuon in the main app, but i was only able to select german, no option to change it back to english :lol:

4. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Rubjonny, what resource do you use for wiring diagrams and so forth? Is it a mixture of Bentley and ELSA, or do you also have access to other service manuals?

I'm in envy of your knowledge... :lol:

5. rubjonny

a mixture! haynes mk1 and mk2 manuals, bentley manuals, some off elsawin but there isnt a great deal of mk2 info to be had, mk3 and later is much better here. I also have a large collection 'mitchell' US wiring diagrams, in particular I have an 89 jetta & 91 golf diagrams containing full circuit traces inside the CE1 and CE2 fuseboxes, which has been invaluable :)

This covers me for pretty much anything, although I have yet to find a 90spec 16v mk2 ign controller wiring diagram, and my carby wiring infoa is incomplete due to having to rely on mk2 haynes, which is patchy at best!

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  6. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Ah not just me being a donut then! I've found most of the diagrams i'll ever need I hope:thumbup: Like you say they are not nessessarly with the correct model/year of cars.[:s]

Thanks for your help[:*:]

7. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

the instument cluster would likly cross over to other sections it plugs into

ie engine warning lights like oil pressure / alternator / temp guages are on engine wiring
    door open light may be on convenice & parking brake on common wiring!!

it's not that hard TBH, I use it daily and only stuggle finding some stuff!