Email on T630.

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Trev16v, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

I've got a Sony Ericsson T630 and I would like to be able to check my email on it.

I set up all of the correct account details, consisting of:

- Mailbox name (which I assume is the username);

- Password

- Incoming server (mail.eclipse.co.uk) and outgoing server (smtp.eclipse.co.uk);

- Protocol set to POP3;

- Ports: 110 for incoming, 25 for outgoing (if I remember right - the standard port numbers anyway).

All details are confirmed by checking my Outlook settings and the Eclipse website.

My phone is able to access the internet. All that stuff is already set up.

But if I try to do an email 'send and receive' it just sits there for about a minute or two, saying that it's trying to find the server, and then eventually gives up.

Any ideas why this might be? All of the details including server addresses are 100% correct.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the internet connection is a bit odd in that some things work, other things don't. For example, if I use the Google image search, it'll work okay if I give one search word. But if I enter a string of words, it just times out. I'm wondering if there is some kind of additional restriction I need to have removed - I don't know.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Trev