Engine flush a diesel?

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by G-Man, Dec 12, 2006.

1. G-Man Forum Junkie

Right guys coming up to my service on my TDI and its only done 35k.

I'm thinking of doing an engine flush, however another idea was just to draing the old oil, then use some cheap oil and run that through for a few minutes, dump that and replace oil filter and top up with fresh PD engine oil instead of flushing it.

Any ideas?

2. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I would flush it, but it's your choice....... too much BS debates on here for me to be bothered with arguing the point any more. If you want filth in your engine, then don't flush. If you want it how the factory designed it to be, then do flush.

3. G-Man Forum Junkie

Cheers TSC. Well i used your ATF in my old mk2 when i did an oil change and worked really well.

Might just flush it! :)

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i think i only flushed once on one of my diesel audis. they were always so filthy inthere, the oil would go black really quickly after a change, so you wouldnt see the difference (maybe if you got rid of the EGR)

if you added ATF, im sure that it would end up trying to clean the oil and not get round to doing anything else

ATF is cheap tho, so worth a go. blocked oil feeds kill turbos, so it may help with keeping that clean