engine, mod choices for jetta

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by DubTurismo, Feb 14, 2007.

1. DubTurismo New Member

hi guys, im trying to sell my jetta as i have another car, but its not getting much interest so im considering giving it some time this summer and smarten it up a bit. Ive always wanted a bit more omph so thinking i might play around with the engine.
    Id love to get it out and give the bay a good clean, make it look really smart, i could just clean up the original 16v but while its out...was thinking either:
    abf
    2l bottom end
    vr6
    20vt

I dont really fancy the turbo as i dont really get on very well with turbo cards, i like the vr6 but have heard stories of thirsty consumption and quite heavy. So i guess im swaying towards the 2l bottom end but i want to do something interesting rather than just rebuilding the original. I havent really got much a clue of what angle to go with the car.
    Anyone got any opinions, comments etc??

[​IMG]
    cheers

2. Steve B Forum Junkie

there are loads of 2.0li conversion theads on here that you can look through if your interested in that route

i shall be going down the very same route with my jetta hopefully sometime soon have the bootom end any way

out of interest what price were you trying to sell your jetta for?

3. Daz... Forum Member

I think you should VR it. Get the right suspension set up on there and it'll still handle :thumbup: