Engine mounts

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by Georgetl, Oct 16, 2023.

1. Georgetl New Member

Scratching my head over this one I’m hoping someone can help…

tried searching but can’t find a definitive answer

What mounts do I need for a 1.8t conversion? I see people say g60 for rear and front with a 02a/j but does this include the subframe mounts too? In reference to the diagram do I need 13b, 24, 30 and 31? Or does the g60 or aftermarket equivalent replace these?
    IMG_2980.jpeg

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

for the actual mounts, I would use a full set of 16v ones. though 8v ones will fit just as well.

the confusion is down to the brackets (13a, 26) as those depend on the gearbox used. assuming its 02a/j cable shift box you need G60 front and rear brackets to match the mk2 subframe and mounts, these are the same as used in 4 cylinder corrado and most 4 cylinder b3/4 passat. gearbox is same bracket for anythign with an 02a box so all the above plus vr6, and also MK3 16v/tdi/vr6

if you were to use a mk3 subframe then you woudl need a mk3 16v/tdi rear bracket, plus can also find them on various seat and polo TDI, as well as mk3 ibiza 20v.

front would need to stay G60 type if you have mk2 engine carrier, but if you were to fit a corrado vr6 engine carrier then you would use the MK3/SEAT 16v/tdi/20v type bracket