engine support beam assembly questions???

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by ThE_gOg, Feb 8, 2014.

1. ThE_gOg Forum Member

bought an engine support beam off ebay and its turned up without any assembly instructions, looking at it i thought it was pretty straight forward, however the way i've got it setup the beam pivots loosely i'm pretty sure it isn't right.

i thought that the foot would attach to the rest of it via the lower bolt (circled yellow), through the hole in the foot, then tighten the bolt up at the desired angle etc.

with the bolt tightened the foot is still very loose, nowhere near nipping up even if i grollied it, i could pack it out with washers in the green lined area, but got the feeling i'm doing something wrong here[:s]

also what are the other two bolts ((circled red) in the pic for? in the sellers listing pics the holes are there but there are no bolts in there.

No doubt its obvious and i'm being stupid, any pointers guys??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ben_s Forum Member

This is probably of no use to you, but I recently bought a Sealy one of eBay and even when set up according to the instructions. The beam will still pivot around the bolts that hold the feet on.

I did wonder about it, but figured there was no way to tighten the feet so it must be designed that way. Possibly a big mistake lol

I'd also be interested to hear whether they're supposed to do this