Euro looking Passat in Swindon

Discussion in 'Spotted' started by Kitsune, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Kitsune Forum Member

Not sure on colour as I only see it in the dark, but it's light coloured, tinted windows, debadged grille and decked on S8 rims. You work for a rather large car company in Stratton and you've got a brake light out.

2. swaffGTI Forum Member

ive seen it too

good to find out the name of the 'checkered' mk1 around town, you didnt look to happy racing down drakes way,

2lt 16v or 1.8t? seemed a bit quiet for a 16v??

3. Kitsune Forum Member

Who's you then? I've not driven the old girl since November. And I generally don't race anyone anywhere outside of Combe (nobody bothers), not unless you were the red Mk2 down GWW by macdees one late evening? If you are, I gave you the thumbs up after I passed you and turned back at the roundabout to go home as I was already late, but don't think you were looking. If you aren't that guy, then [:s]

Far from it, just a 1.8 8v chief.

4. G-Man Forum Junkie

There is a nice dark green older passat that is decked on some nice Porsche rims that rolls out by the 'Link' centre in the mornings.

5. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

8v torque strikes again [:D]

6. swaffGTI Forum Member

yeh that was me, nice looking motor

7. Dicky Retardo Forum Member

right on!:thumbup:

8. Kitsune Forum Member

Thanks although she's far from mint, she's fairly sound underneath. I'd just come back from a very long day at the phirm and spotted you not long after I got into Swindon. Decided if you were gunna head up the GWW I'd follow you up for a little blast if it was clear (nearly forgetting the cops love to sit on that roundabout by TK Maxx). Then noticed the time and thought better of it! That was ages ago I'm sure, before November even?

Lol at the 8v comments!

No news on the Passat owner though.

9. swaffGTI Forum Member

yeh that was before christmas along time ago, hard to forget a chess board in your mirror!

Dont really like pushing it round swindon, its all about the A-roads around it!

Hungerford and Purton way have plenty to offer, should come out for a drive one evening

Cant remember if i had the 16v in it then, must of been the driver engine :lol:

10. Kitsune Forum Member

Tell me about it, hence the track abuse. Just too silly pushing it around Swindon, between the bad roads, the cops, traffic and the walkers (like the young kid that got killed recently on Drove rd), it's just not worth losing my license (or anything else) over. You should get on down to the Autometrix day (july 26) at Combe. Gives you a chance to properly explore your dub! I should be there again this year.

11. swaffGTI Forum Member

I didnt know about that accident, I do agree cars are for fun and should be kept that way

Tracking is the plan, that whats its for. Ill try and make that although plan is going to Glastobury then drive to Germany for the ring trip

12. mk1steve Forum Member

thats chris, he drives that way to work :thumbup: