Ever seen one of these?

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by EllGTI, Mar 20, 2010.

1. EllGTI New Member

Any one ever seen one of these rear window diffusers? votex i think. Any one know where i can claim one or anywhere that can make them?

[​IMG]

2. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

Window 'louvres' is what you're after, and they're like rocking horse sh*t...

3. fthaimike Forum Addict

[​IMG]

this taken by "StuMc" at Ultimate Dubs 2010:

[​IMG]

4. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

i like em

5. i've been keeping my eyes out for ages now, but i've only ever seen mk1 fitments.

might be a diy job. i think they reduce fuel consumption as well as looking cool.

6. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Certainly add some good rear down-force? surprised the reeves mk1 hasnt hunted one down. Id have one if I had a mk1 and they where available.

7. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

APPARENTLY you can find a Mk2 one. I think I saw one. Once. Ever. Rare as rocking horse sh*t.

8. EllGTI New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i want one so bad. Its the only rare part i havnt been able to source out for my motor ggrrrrr.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I managed to find a link for a company that make them for mk2`s tho. damn lol

9. EllGTI New Member

10. EllGTI New Member

11. fthaimike Forum Addict

found one for sale:

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=83961

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  12. danster Forum Addict

I am old enough to have seen them back in the day.[:^(]
    I was just reading down the thread and was going to post "Autoplas", but was pipped at the post.[:^(][:^(]

I have some kind of Kamei back spoiler for a mk1, which has a bit along the tailgate, and two little bits that go along the top of the quarter panels, just below the rain guttering on the roof.
    It must be worth a bazillion scene points!;)

13. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

If anyone would have a set, dubboy's who'd have them.

He probably? knows more about road-going Mk1 Golfs in the UK than anyone else, especially the early ones - and has the cars to back it up!

14. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Zender spoiler, you mean... ;)

Not as rare as people would have you believe. Mate of mine has one on his car, and two `spare` (categorically not for sale, so don`t ask! :lol:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Quite often see them (in various states of repair) amongst the Autojumble at most shows, with appropriate `rare tax` added.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  15. powerhand Forum Member

Here's my old Mk1 with a Zender spoiler fitted - did finish it off nicely I thought...

[​IMG]

16. danster Forum Addict

That's the fellow.
    So I have a zender spoiler lying in the shed if anyone is "diggin the look".;)
    It looks like you have to drill holes in the body and tailgate to screw it on though. Just so you know

17. mk1 valver

mk1 valver Forum Member

I have heard on mk1 o.c. that it is possible to stick them on, cant remember what with though, some kind of silicone i guess.
    I also have one of these(excellent condition;)) sat in the shed that i never seem to get round to sticking on the bay.