Exactly why 4x4's should be banned from our roads!

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by Golf-GX, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seraph Banned

Not yet

But there's plenty of pressure groups.

2. Alfa_Delta Forum Member

I've got a 4x4 because I need one. Simple as that.

I can't tow a two 16.2 horse trailer all up with a normal car because the towing capacity is insuficient and I can't use my everyday car in the fields on my farm as it would get very stuck!

For those who want bull bars banned, I take it you've never met an escaped buffalo at dusk up a farm track! I have and it was well scarey, even in a fully equipped 4x4!

What about front mounted winches? Then can do some damage in the event of a frontal impact too but they prove VERY useful when you've got a log to move!

To come on here are say that you hate all Jap cars and all 4x4's because one damaged your car would be the same as me saying I hate all Vauxhall Astras because one morning, an uninsured driving at the wheel of one of these ran up the back of my '79 small tail light Mk1 Golf and wrote it off. Doesn't mean I hate all Astras and think they should be banned from the road though!

3. Aphex Forum Junkie

Maybe this thread should be left alone as it's getting more childish all the time..

4. Seraph Banned

That, I would suggest, is like waving a red rag to a bull

At this point, we've no reason to doubt Alfadelta hasn't been attacked by a buffalo, however childish it sounds.

The thread will fizzel out in time

5. Aphex Forum Junkie

Fair point, I'll sit back and enjoy the friction.

6. loadsavalves

loadsavalves Forum Member

I agree 100% :clap:

7. Golf-GX Forum Member

Yes but you've admitted you use yours off road, and thats fair enough cus thats where they bloody well belong, so dont get shirty with me MR!

8. alby Forum Junkie

9. Alfa_Delta Forum Member

So why tar me with the same brush as those who use theirs as Chelsea Tractors then? I use mine on the road too. We've got a few special service units that are 4x4 based too.

Wasn't me driving the truck mind you. We had the horse stabled at Eachwick and on the way home, one of the buffalos had escaped. Even in a Daihatsu Sportrak it was a scarey sight!! the dog didn't like it much either. We'd called the farmer at the stables who phoned the bloke who owned the herd but obviously things got worse for them.

10. Dubya Forum Junkie

What? Best thing ever? You must be an utter sh*t of a son if the car is the best thing ever for him.

11. bustersballs Forum Member

4x4 should stay off the road hey? you really have got a bucket full of growing up to do!!! think i'll pack my business up because i can't use my 4x4's on the road or shall i try towing mini-diggers with a mk3 golf,then again looking at the strength of the rear end of a mk3 i don't think i'll bother. go away,grow up and think before you speak.

12. A7_UFO Forum Member

whats wrong with MPVs?

13. nealey Forum Junkie

if you were to ban 4x4s from the road it would only reduce the overall congestion by 2%

14. Dubya Forum Junkie

How do they work that out?

Surely if you banned all 4x4s, the 4x4 drivers would go and buy something else, so congestion wouldn't be reduced at all.

15. g60notter Forum Member

guys calm down he's only 16 !!! yer he's made some real s**t remarks nd post , but cmon 16!! he'll soon grow to know better .

i do sympathize wiv u "golf gx" , but u really need to tone it down there as ppl have been in worse sitiuations than that... cars dont drive themselves (except the new lexsus ls4...sumin) its really the drivers that usually do, as u said u got the right to express yor views .. so i would think people also have the right to drive wot they want / see fit , its not worht ****ing ppl off cos of your personal views is it ??!!

16. Nordoff Forum Junkie

4X4's off road?:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I work in the countryside, the only 4X4 owners are factory workers and all the farmers I know use Tractors or Quads ie farm ma-chi-ne-ry;)

Any 4X4 drivers want to justify having headlights higher up than trucks do?[8-}]

17. dubst16v Forum Member

i know its not fair to stereotype 4x4 drivers but there are so many mothers with 1 child driving there kid to school in a land tank there f**kin dangerous
    so i have to say i am a big of a 4x4 hater

good luck with gettin your money mate.
    had a hit and run on my mk2 so i know how it feels to get screwed over

18. Seraph Banned

Take what many say with a pinch of salt, after all, this is a mk2/mk3 orientated (blinkered;) ) site

But if you asked most if they'd swap their tired old golfs for a new top spec touraeg or Q7, you can bet your dollar they would.

19. dubst16v Forum Member

hell no! value aside obviously give me my mk2 any day. none of that fancy electrical sh*te and light bulbs that you need a degree to change.
    NEWER is NOT BETTER

20. Aphex Forum Junkie

Welcome to ClubGTDI. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.