Exhaust question

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by 8valvenut, Feb 11, 2014.

1. 8valvenut Paid Member Paid Member

been having a poke around underneath the mk4, and noticed that theres nothing like anything that resembles a lambda sensor. Im not that up on diesels so was a little confused, its probs obvious to others but like i said i dont really know diesels its the first one i have ever owned. its a 2001 1.9 tdi atd engine 1j chassis, the reason i was looking in the first place is because i need to replace the front pipe which looks like it fastens onto the turbo down to a flexi then what looks like a silencer/cat, One complete piece?? but theres no plug or cable or anything for a lambda sensor [:s]
    anyone know whats what here or is it me being thick lol also where can i get the front end and back box from (Mail order).... cheers guys

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

diesels dont have lambda sensors ;)

3. 8valvenut Paid Member Paid Member

Knew I was being thick!!! All the years I have messed about with cars and never took any notice [:$] Just shows I have never had to change an exhaust on a diesel lol