F1 2010

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Deako, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

I'm also loving the cockpit view. Once you know the tracks, i find it quite easy and give the best sensation of the experience. The rythmn is great, so easy for it all to go tits up though.

No flashback control on the steering wheel either, so when you make a mistake, for some reason you need to restart the race from scratch. Not sure whats going on there.

2. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Flashback?[:s]

I use cockpit view, No other one to use really. I dont drive a car sitting on top of it!
    Never had a puncture either, I was starting to think if it was even possible!:lol:

3. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

I bought this the first day it came out. Its not a game more a simulator. I couldnt play with the pad so bought a logitech G27 wheel and its brilliant. Currently in the process of making a proper gaming chair with mounts for the wheel and pedals out of an old mk2 golf Rainbow seat Cant wait until its done. playing on hard level currently racing for Lotus in career mode. Finished 5th in China last night havnt had a game suck me in like this since champ manager over 10 years ago. :thumbup:

4. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Yep. Total GRID facsimilie...even the menu music is almost identical.

I am enjoying it, but there are a couple of niggles I`ve found;

On GRID I was really impressed that finally there was a game that could refer to you by name instead of `new driver`, `rookie`, etc. That sexy voice saying `Morning Stooo-art` was ace. :lol:

The function is on F1 too of course, but `Stuart` is not listed... [:x] I have had to go with a nickname instead, so, yes...I am McLovin! :lol:

Cripe No.2; This annoyed me on GRID too...if you run wide on a corner, you get penalised (lap time discounted) as having `cut the corner`. NO! I ran WIDE! It would have course led to a slightly slower lap, but no need to bin the time altogether, FFS.

No.3; No proper split times. I don`t care if I`m six-tenths faster/slower than the car ahead/behind, I want to know what the road position split is...

5. smp1987 Forum Member

This game to me seams at the best of times unfinished

1 there is no podium

2 were is the safety car?

3 the amount of bugs in the game is unreal did no one test this before the release day?

4 when the an A.I driver hits a corner to fast and smashes me from behind when im on the racing line i got a penalty for a collision when they hit me [:x]

5 i was in 1st i go to pit with Vetal behind me, going into the pit lane i slow for the line put the limiter on and his car ghost's through mine into his pit box, what a F*** joke he has a lighting pit stop like 3 seconds and is 10sec plus in front my the time iv done my pit..

6 why do the cars haver reverse? as codmasters say it meant to be a simulation of F1 if you spin of you can hit R and you can get back on track its a joke!

7 on some races i have got pole and then when the race starts im in 11th? [:x] go to the garage look at the computer and iv got the fastest lap time but im 11th

this game needs an update big time and i hope they can fix most of the bugs.

its as stu says GRID with the F1 badge [8(]

6. RallyeVR6

RallyeVR6 Forum Junkie

Is there a consol/PC difference between you guys?

I.E. Half decent game on Consol and Crap port onto PC? Or do we have people on both formats with different opinions.

7. smp1987 Forum Member

forgot to say i have it on Xbox 360

8. m1keh Forum Member

Got this on PS3 today. Haven't actually used a ps3 or any console seriously in the last 5 years, definitely need some practice. I set it on hard and at the moment it seems fairly realistic with my driving skills but time will tell. Definitely need to get myself a wheel.

9. Peter Forum Member

10. chrismc Forum Junkie

I think this game is great!

I play on expert level with full realism on everything.

13th in FP1 at Bahrain in the Lotus on prime tyres. Not bad at all:)

Will there be updates and bug fixes supplied by codemasters via the Internet connection?

11. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

There`s been a couple already. One was to fix the frustration of being blocked in the pits un-necessarily that Deako mentioned at the start of the thread. :thumbup:

12. DOOBY

DOOBY Banned

I disagree with you Deako, I cant get on with the wheel and have always used the pad. This has never held me back in regards to lap time nor smooth cornering. Many on-line friends use the pad too and have top 100 lap times!

13. chrismc Forum Junkie

I can't get on with wheels either.

Finger tip controls are so much more instant rather than winding on lock on a wheel

Good enough to put me P11 in the lotus on the Bahrain grid:thumbup:

14. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

I'm getting this game wednesday,can't wait its brilliant. Need something to pass the time now the crappy cold winter nights have drawn in!

15. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

You get good at what you get used to. Playing a driving game with a pad is **** in my opinion. I want the best most realistic experience from my games.

16. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

I agree with Deako, no one came close to my times on GT4 nurburgring in the competition we had on here and I always put that down to the fact I had a proper wheel/seat set up, proper throttle, brake control and easier to hold a line. I do only play driving games so I suck at using a controller thou.

However, I rented this game and although I enjoyed it I just didnt like it enough to buy it, I will have to see what the F1 is like on GT5.

17. DOOBY

DOOBY Banned

Oh, sorry mate, Please forgive me, I thought you said the wheel was essential. I overlooked where you said "in my opinion, it is essential" Or "for me, it's essential" lol

18. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

When generally I'm making a comment on a public forum, you could assume that the said comment was entirely in my opinion. But I'll clarify next time for you so you don't get confused.

Or if I intend to make sure everyone goes out and buys a steering wheel, I'll make sure I really press it home. By saying something like........I will kill your family if you don't go and buy a mother ****ing wheel right now for this game.

Hope this helps. [:D]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  19. chrismc Forum Junkie

:lol:

Does anyone know how to access the realism settings on the PS3? tyre usage/fuel usage/failures/penalties etc etc

I believe it is on some race settings menu but I can't find it?[:s]

20. DOOBY

DOOBY Banned

No Deako, you were definitely dictating!
    So, the wheel is not an essential bit of kit but, each to their own ;) The gamertag on Xbox is; II DOOBY II, If you would like me to prove my point?