Febi AVS VW Spares Discs and Pads

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by Matt82, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

yup theyre about as cheap as youll find them, but yet again ive had another Febi product fail about a year after fitting.

this time it was rear discs. the shiny coating/plating has cracked on the near side.

so now new rear discs from ECP will be 60 with rings, 15 pads and 25 bearings

lovely

2. Admin Guest

they ruined or is just not long exposure to heat cycles?

3. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

the MOT man wouldnt be too impressed. the "cracks" are easily visible going from the centre outwards. the reason i looked was the rear brakes making unusual noises in the morning. evenutally the shiny/plated section will start to lift off

4. bigbeat

bigbeat Forum Member

My fronts are febi and mine seemed to have a rippley uneven feel and look to them. Going to be stripping mine down this weekend probably

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

Are you sure they're plated? It's a bit of an odd thing to do on a brake disc.

6. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Its a common essex mod. Chrome plated discs FTW!!!

7. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

when i get them off ill pick the "plate" off and get a pic up. my car came with zimmerman drilled ones, at the very end of their life, they "cracked" but that was just the plating too, not the actual disc

in essex we need a lot of bling (and our fog lights on) otherwise wed get deported to the north