Finally..Engine management for my Mk1!

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Vento Mike, Oct 26, 2003.

1. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

I've finally decided to stop p1ss arsing around with all those VW engine management ideas that I have had..although if would have been sucsessfull if I had all the items matched (key,immobiliser,clocks etc) The tuning and running of the engine would have probably left a lot to be desired.

I'm ordering the E48 engine management from DTA so the car will be a lot closer to being finished when that arrives!

According to their website that ecu features launch control now...which makes me feel very moist!! :p :p

2. alex9107 Forum Member

let us know how it goes as at some point i need one [:D]

3. Rahul Forum Junkie

mate, email me cos a guy i know has custom engine management on his 2litre 16v!

and it works!

4. harry_the_cake Forum Junkie

Glad your getting closer, I've been wanting to see this one finished since you first posted the pics a while back!!

5. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Could have got 5% CGTi discount off me for the EXP48 ECU.

ABS sensor triggers on VW have too many teeth (pulses per revolution for the ECU for info, if considering launch control)

Bill

6. AMY

Amy Forum Member

Thats the one we fitted to the Raddo ... only thing is theres no idle control on ours and you have to warm it for a few seconds before setting off, really does only take a few seconds tho. [:*:]

7. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Apparently the new version comes with an improved idle speed control so hopefully that will sort the problem but if not like you say if its only a few secs im sure I could live with it! :)

I take it I just have to fit the correct sensor as my mk1 doesnt have abs anyway? Would you know what sensor if that is the case?

I know I know!! I've really been slacking! It is coming along I want it done too....its a few mates that have been giving me jip thats helped me pull my finger out [:s]

Edited by: Vento Mike