First and last photos of my Golf (56k beware - HUGE photos)

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by voteforpedro, May 28, 2008.

1. voteforpedro Forum Member

It wasn't meant to be. Sorry for the lack of photos of my lovely derv over the past year but we didn't get along very well.

But I guess it's only fair to pay homage to the car that could have been. Could have won races and shows. Could have turned heads (in a good way). Could have been stolen because it looked so damn good.

I've left my window open for over a week (see photos) and nobody's stolen anything. Car parts litter my "garden". Nothing ever goes missing. Out of respect for a fine example of German motoring? Or out of pity?

Anyway, without further ado...

Here she is. Isn't she lovely? Note the electrical tape holding up the windows because I took the regulators out. The N/S front glass is down so I can gain access to my tools.

[​IMG]

The interior. There's a pool of water by the N/S front door. I wonder why?

[​IMG]

The interior again. This time the view when I open the boot.

[​IMG]

Spare wheels - for when axle stands just won't do.

[​IMG]

More tape.

[​IMG]

A close-up of my pseudo axle stands. Mind you, I don't have any "axles" so it's just as well.

[​IMG]

I'm tempted to remove the number plate (as well as the VIN plates) so they can't tell whose car it is. Then I can't get fined and they will eventually come take it away and destroy it. Great success!

[​IMG]

Finally, where the lump once sat. I'm not sure I should put the axle stands there? Oh well, it only weighs about three tonne now after removing the lump. Power steering pump still attached because I can't cut the pipe. Loom trapped under the rusted battery tray. Mandatory bucket of motor oil, brake fluid, blood and spit.

[​IMG]

So there you have it. Incidentally, if anybody sees anything they liked like doors, bonnet etc and happen to live in Cardiff, send me a message and you can come remove them. They are all rusty and in need of paint, though.