Fischer cd box

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by smithyvr6, Feb 14, 2015.

1. smithyvr6 New Member

Not seen many of these for sale and wanted to know how much they go for?A friend has a near mint one that I think is for a rhd mk3.

2. SimonG Forum Member

Anything between 20 (if you're lucky) and 50. Depends who the seller is I guess ;) To be honest most do appear to be in good condition, so if anyone comes out with all this 'mint' sh it, it doesn't mean you should pay any more. Cassette ones even cheaper. And LHD ones with cassette boxes, can't sell! I know about this!

3. foreveryoungaus16v Forum Member

Sold mine for 35

4. Dougie Paid Member Paid Member

A very late update to this;

Sellers on fleabay, etc, often don't mention whether the insert is for left or right - hand steering. Whether they're ignorant or not, I couldn't say..

As a guide, picture the insert as viewed when fitted in the centre console; the lower edge of the frame is sloping. Lowest at the left is for l/h steering, and vice-versa.

If part numbers or markings on the frame are shown, only factory-fitted units are marked '1H1 ### ###' and 'LL' (for l/h/steering) or '1H2 ### ###' and 'RL' for r/h/steering- separately bought ones usually have just 'Golf A3/Vento' and 'R (or L) L' on them. Factory fitted units may still have a lighting unit attached to the rear of the storage modules.

And don't write off cassette units - Fischer didn't change the frame when changing to cd, so modules can be exchanged between them. I suspect Fischer would've standardised the cd modules across their range.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021