fitted 4-1 manifold, engine misfiring

Discussion in '8-valve' started by mk28vICED, Nov 14, 2008.

1. mk28vICED Forum Member

hi guys, fitted a hottuning manifold car always starts on the button but didnt,not been started for two weeks, after some wet start it fired up but ran really lumpy and misfiring, like it has a mega cam fitted to it..see vid!.[:s] dont worry bout oil pressure light got a guage in the hole instead
    http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/spcarbikeservices/4-1%20manifold/?action=view&current=SNV30085.flv
    so i checked the inlet bolts and two needed tightening...another one has stripped the head thread!!! HOW CAN I FIX THIS PROPERLY? what is a helicoil? so i put some exhaust paste on it and wound it back in, did the idle and co2 and its now abit better just at idle sound like a lumpy cam, which is what im gonna tell the M.O.T guys. the car is rather lound now
    ive not changed the timing or anything cant see why its misfiring abit would one bolt being loose on the inlet do that?
    cleaned the inlet and throttle bodies etc.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008