fitting my double din head unit

Discussion in 'ICE' started by studley73, Dec 29, 2010.

1. studley73 New Member

right guys youve probly been asked this a 100 times but how do i remove the stsndard stereo and cd player i have bought the radio keys but do i need to buy a din adapter or trim panel ? also some one said i need to buy a booster for the ariel as the factory unit has a booster inside where as the aftermarket one wont ?
    oh and if anyone has any links to any bits i need it would be so helpful thanks in advance studley

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

What car?

3. studley73 New Member

mk4 golf its for mate i have been out and bought a complete double din adpter kit, ariel booster, vw radio keys complete sub and amp wiring kit, all i need to do now is fit thenlittle lot just wondering how hard its gonna be fitting my amp power lead never done an install i n a mk4 golf before

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Should be straight forward. Once you have removed the headunit the storage pocket should pop out easily. Fit the trim, cage and booster (the blue lead goes to the remote on wire which you will also need for the amp). There should be a grommet or 2 on the passenger side which will allow you access to the engine bay.

5. whitemk2 Forum Member

6. studley73 New Member

cheers fellas i will be fitting this monday weather permiting