Flywheel clutch probs.??

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by ShaunyC, Mar 18, 2012.

1. ShaunyC

ShaunyC Forum Member

Hi i got my AEB engine and 02A AGC gearbox mated last night but poss some probs.??

The flywheel.. was quite badly pitted where an old friction disc had been sat..will that cause any issues.? slipping mainly. Or will it just grind the metal away quicker.?
    The locating pins where out of shape abit and took some time to get right so bolts match through the pressure plate.. and in some places dosent sit flush back to flywheel.? Hs this caused next prob.??

The clutch.. I lined the clutch up by eye and finger feel, got them together temp to make sure it engages splines and pulled apart an tourqed the bolts around pressure plate, but as i did this i noticed the flange bits where release bearing sits moved in wards a little, is this normal.? Then when together where the clutch actuator pushes the arm it seems to have play, is this normal.?

I was looking forward to getting it in later but with these doubts i'm not to sure i should.?
    Any help/advice is apreciated:thumbup:

Thanx Shaun