Footman James - No more classic policies fors under 25s

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by phil21191, Jan 25, 2012.

1. phil21191 Forum Member

Rang footman james earlier today as my insurance is up for renewal in 2 weeks and I had a quote from them

After speaking to them they are no longer covering under 25s on classic policies and quoted me 3800 fully comp at 19 on a standard 1.3 mk2 golf.

Looks like theyve lost a customer this year as Admiral have quote me 1100 and have even offered to honour my years no claims providing a letter stating footman james have insured me for 12 months and Ive had no accidents. Which the woman on the phone said she could do.

2. kieranwebb Forum Member

Thats a pain was going to go with them when my insurance is up for renewal!

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

Shop around the other classic insurers. Someone else might still cover you. I'd have thought that most would be 21 and over though.

4. kieranwebb Forum Member

Im 20 so still have to renew my insurance as im 21 in septemeber so would mean missing out on a years no claims if i cancelled it. F*****g insurance companies :thumbd:

5. phil21191 Forum Member

Try admiral mate.

Footman james said theyd write a letter giving me an unofficial years NCB in other words which admiral will accept.

961 fully comp on a multi car policy with my dad, Cheapest I had on comparison sites was 1298 and paid 1272 last year.