Footman James Question.

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by rdf1988, Apr 25, 2013.

1. rdf1988 Forum Member

Afternoon chaps.

I phoned FJ earlier for a quote but I couldn't get one on the basis that I'm not yet 25. Given that I'll be 25 in five weeks, do you think I could persuade them to use some discretion?

Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

2. Mike_H Forum Addict

You can try, but they might have a hard rule on that from their underwriters. Don't know of anyone who's managed it though.

3. rdf1988 Forum Member

I'll try them again tomorrow and let you know the result!

4. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

I would still hunt around on moeysupermarket etc. I recently renewed through there as the FJ quotes had too many 'quirks'. Mainly how you dont build no claims on the classic car policy and they wouldnt include the right to drive other insured vehicles, I'm 31 FFS.

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

That's odd... I do have the right to drive other vehicles.

You don't build no-claims with FJ, but they will give you a letter that states "Bob has had a policy with us for X years and not made a claim for Y years)." Which gets you no-claims with another company, or it did for me with Competition Car Insurance.

6. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

Driving other cars is an extension for emergencies, not something that should be described as a right at any point.

7. G60KG

G60KG Forum Member

All I am saying that FJ may not always be the best deal for everyone as was the case for me. I wouldnt have any no claims anyway as I had to claim in February.

8. rdf1988 Forum Member

It would be handy if I had the right to drive another car i.e my girlfriends - I've been told that I wouldn't be able to drive other peoples' cars until I'm 25 anyway. Whether that's right or not I don't know.