Forced induction on a 16V 2.0 ABF lot of questions

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Efra, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Efra New Member

Hi guys. I Plan to install a V-7 vortech supercharger on my 16v ABF but didn't know if I can use the stock injection instead of Megasquirt. since I don't want to lose the MFA, and Crouse Control
    I will only go for 10 PSI just want a little more push.

First question: is if the there will be any problem with the signal in the MAP since I'm going to have pressure instead of vacum.

second question: stock injectors are 220 l/h at 3 bar. but how much will they flow at 4 or maybe 5 bar. I got a variable FPR capable of 5 bar but this leads to third question.

Third question: How much pressure can handle the stock fuel pump. I heard that they run fine on 4 bar.

Fourth question: how many l/h injector would I need for 250hp

Fifth question: Is there any way to replace the encapsulated stock injectors for bigger ones? where can I find them.

Thanks for any information and help that you can share.

2. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

The MAP sensor fitted to your MS is perfectly suitable for forced induction because when boost is involved, you're using more of the absolute pressure range of the sensor than you do with NA.

It is useful to think about MAP in absolute terms. Atmospheric pressure is about 100kPa (1 bar). Below 100kPa is vacuum. With a NA engine, you'll see the MAP range from say 20kPa (at idle, lower left of fuel VE table) and approach 100kPa (at WOT, top right of VE table). If you add a supercharger/turbo, then the MAPs start going above 100kPa (above atmospheric) in the upper right area of the VE table.

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

In addition to the other contributions, past experience on ABF turbocharged and supercharged motors suggest you need 440cc injectors to deliver 250bhp of fuel flow with an injector duty of less than 80%.

Stock ABF/VR6 3 bar pump will still flow sufficient fuel at over 1 bar of boost pressure or (4 bar by the time it is sensed at the fuel pressure regulator)

Side feed bosch injectors can be replaced with side feed japanese injectors from a SR20DET 4 throttle engine from a Sunny/Pulsar NN14 ( yellow jobs rated 444cc).

3hirty8ight likes this.