Forge DV

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Danallkins, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

After getting an error code as in my other thread I was advised to take the DV off and check for leaks.. I've done that and it holds pressure ok.. the piston does move a little but it does hold until I remove my thumb. As this is on my Mk4 'Anni' I was told I sure have a red spring in there, but I have a blue... is this right? and would you recommend buying a forge service kit for it?

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i replaced my forge with an OE item the other week as it was leaking. mine had a blue spring which is meant to be the hardest, which suprised me

3. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

According to forge the Red is the strongest Link
    Is blue ok for a 180bhp? I have no idea with psi rating etc so not sure which I should have

4. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

Emailed forge and they sent me a service kit and green spring which according to them is what I need totally free of charge!

5. nino Forum Member

red and blue springs are too strong, like you have at the moment a green one is best, for a mapped car id go for a yellow spring.

6. G-Man Forum Junkie

Really? I never changed the spring myself as I assumed it came with the stock Green spring from Forge which I was recommended to be fine for a simple stage 1 map [:s]

7. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

green or yellow for stage 1 or 2 cars

no more else the dv will struggle to open

8. Danallkins

Danallkins Forum Member

Since servicing my dv and replacing the spring with a green one it feels better.

However, the fault I was getting in Vag com is still present... I've cleared the error but it's returned...

17705 - Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)

P1297 - 35-00 - -

I wonder if replacing all hoses would fix it?

9. HidRo Forum Member

Well, before starting to change stuff around, first identify what can be causing the issue. Is your DV still leaking?
    If not, you should do a pressure test to the intake system, and this would show you where you have your problem, if it's a leak.

10. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

yup, it had the crazy spring. i could barely open it. the piston didnt retract straight either, which meant it reshaped the hole it sat in, which meant it didnt seal... so our beloved WPO is now rocking a standard VW item, which i used a pair of on the S4 and was perfectly happy with them

so WPO still rock fella!