Forza Motorsport 4 - Club GTI Car Club - Join Now - Club Active!!!!

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by Deako, Aug 23, 2011.

1. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Looked into this for the past 2 days and WANT a CSR Elite[:D]

Just have to wait now for the pre-order, Hope its in reigion of the game release:thumbup:

2. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Disgusted with the way EA have treated Turn 10 refusing them the sub license for the Porsche brand.

http://news.yahoo.com/forza-motorsport-4-missing-porsche-brand-due-ea-210356006.html

Somehow, they must feel like retaining the Porsche license for themselves is somehow going to make people buy their crappy racing games instead. NO. All it makes me want to do is never buy an EA game again. The Porsche brand is so good in Forza.

3. mat-mk3

Man that sucks. I guess they have been to Porsche direct who sent them to EA. EA told em to naff off unless they get a piece of the game which forza quite rightly don't want to give up.
    Oh well, bit of a shame!

4. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Not really. Forza has been using the Porsche licensing since its inception. As stated, Turn 10 dont block anyone from using Ferrari in racing games, as they hold the license for that manufacturer. Every other FM game has had Porsches in.

EA somehow think they can get a larger share of the market. They are just being arseholes imo. There is a massive thread on the FM4 forum about the whole situation. Lots of people want to boycott the EA brand now. [:^(]

5. Peter Forum Member

Thats a shame they had some great Porsches in 3, really enjoyed driving the 993gt2,

We had the same problem with PGR3/4 so we went with Ruf instead, they are a manufacturer in their own right so can be licensed separately from Porsche , really nice to deal with and very accommodating, you miss out on the early cars and race models but at least you can have a 911 in game, good for screenshots to as the most people assume its a Porsche

Cant wait to get it, nice to see they have put the original F1 rather than the GT, 131 Abarth :p

6. G-adams

G-adams CGTI Regional Host - Bristol

ill be getting Forza 4 and is up for having a race with peeps from here:)

7. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Demo available to Xbox Live Gold members tomorrow, and for the rest of the Xbox Live community on the 7th.

8. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

My son has an X-box but I have no idea what type it is. Would it need to be a 360 or are they all 360's?

9. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

It would need to be an Xbox 360 Ian. The original Xbox was released at the same sort of time as the PS2, so is very old now and not been compatible with any new games since around 2005.

10. mat-mk3

Demo doesnt feel good to me, Very arcade like. But then i am using a controller.

Just ordered some clubsport pedals Luke, Free tuning kit while stocks last. Shipping is 18EUR to the UK so was knocking on the 200 door[:-B]

11. craggsy Forum Member

Well my limited Edition turned up this morning..........just watching Senna on BD first then i'll be giving it a whirl, take me upto Xmas quite easily lol

12. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Got my Ltd Ediiton. Have created Club GTI, with the tag CGTI. Accepting new membership requests now!! [:D]

13. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

Request sent Luke! :thumbup:

It'll be interesting to see how the shared cars/garages thing works...

14. G-adams

G-adams CGTI Regional Host - Bristol

request sent

15. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Added you both. :) Shared a few cars with the Club. Anyone can do the same. You can only use club shared cars in standard guise though.

16. mat-mk3

How is it with a controller? I bought it today but might not play it untill i get the CSR Elite in December[:s]

17. Zander_GTI_daft Forum Member

Had my first play tonight (mates game) wow I'm impresses, defo going out to buy tomorrow, he also had the wireless wheel, good for messing about but think beat sticking to controller forain game.

Gamer tag Zan1705

Look forward to racing you'd !!

Should we have a "top gear test track" fastest lap / table only using VW of corse ??

18. nealey Forum Junkie

I cant make my mind up whether to buy a new xbox or not so I can play forza 4, I might just end up buying a cheap 2nd hand one as it will be the only game I would probably play on it now

19. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

It's ok on controller mat. But wheel will complete the experience. Start on controller so you don't miss out.

Ooh, looks like you can share modified cars then, but only the person that owned it originally can modify or alter it further. :thumbup:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  20. mathj Forum Member

just sent a request to join the club

cheers